Colorado State Fair 2018
After the obstacle competition came the much-anticipated annual goat costume contest. Unfortunately, it seems that most years the only people who really anticipate the costume event are Phil and I. But this year quite a few kids dressed up, which sure made the event a lot more fun!

Some lovely entries in the junior class. 

This little gal was the lone contestant in the pee-wee division. Wait--I think the goat's dress was on the girl during the obstacle class!   

Although the judges awarded these two second place, Phil and I would have placed them first. This is Dorothy and the goat is Toto in a picnic basket.  

Phil and I had complimentary costumes. Our goats were ships and their "costumes" were limited to flags. We rigged our crossbucks with bungee cords and used them as sling shots to lob mini tennis balls at each other in a great sea battle. 

Phil was the British naval captain, Lord Ramage.

I was Captain Goatbeard the pirate. You can't see it in the photo, but Sputnik was wearing an eye patch! I named my ship the "Baa-aarnacle". That name works in goat language AND pirate speech! 

There was another adult besides Phil and I in the costume class this year! Last year was the first time this happened, so perhaps we're seeing the start of a trend (fingers crossed!). This was Dr. Ellie from Jurassic Park with her little triceratops.  

What a fun event! I hope we see an even bigger turnout next State Fair!

Messages In This Thread
Colorado State Fair 2018 - by Nanno - 09-02-2018, 07:17 AM
RE: Colorado State Fair 2018 - by Nanno - 09-02-2018, 07:42 AM
RE: Colorado State Fair 2018 - by Taffy - 09-02-2018, 08:39 AM