Happy 4th of July Everyone!

.jpg   goat flag.jpg (Size: 40.7 KB / Downloads: 33)
Goatberries Happen!
Happy 4th of July to you too! We had a great time, as usual, at the Westcliffe parade. This year was more fun because we had the new carriage to show off. It looks so much fancier and more impressive than the little garden cart, and it's much more appropriately sized to Finn and Sputnik. The boys behaved magnificently. I bathed them both thoroughly the day before and had their coats polished to a high shine. I also applied hoof polish to their horns which darkened them and made them glint in the sun. 

As usual, Sputnik's favorite part of this whole event was the bath. Pretty much the only time Sputnik enjoys being rubbed is if my other hand is working a sprayer. He especially loves it when I aim the spray between his horns so the water splashes down his face, and he even loves having his face sprayed directly from the front or side. He's the only goat I've met who enjoys this. He also likes to eat the soap, so I usually squirt a little dab on my palm for him to lap up. I'm sure a tiny bit won't hurt him, and I've never seen him burping bubbles afterwards so I think it's ok. Wink
You two and your goats have so much fun!
Goatberries Happen!
Well, they're very fun goats. And Finn and Sputnik have gotten to where they're not fussed about much anything any more. It's wonderful that they are so confident and bold. It makes them really fun to take places. Cuzco was always nervous of dogs (can't blame him, but it sometimes made him difficult), and for a long time he was only bonded to horses. So if we were going to be in a parade, I had to make sure we were behind horses or I might end up having to lead Cuzco and cart through the parade. That's not really fun for anyone.
Absolutely awesome. These geughts are champions. Kudos!