What to do for mama with stillborn?
The vet recommended 6 cc of penicillin 2x per day for the next week. I picked up another bottle today. I don't have any Neflur or Banamine on hand and I won't be back to Pueblo till next week sometime. She's definitely not acting "off" or like she's in any pain. She seems perfectly normal and healthy and has no temperature. She doesn't have much discharge, and the only thing different about it is the brick orange color. I expect more of a brick red or dark red (if I remember correctly from last year, and comparing to Lilly's discharge now). There was no smell today that I could detect. So in conclusion: so far it doesn't look like a nasty uterine infection (if there is one at all). Personally, I prefer not to go too crazy with drugs unless I'm sure there's a problem. But I will definitely continue my close monitoring for any changes (however slight) over the next week or so.

So here's another question: How long do we have to wait before we can drink her milk after she's off the penicillin?

Messages In This Thread
What to do for mama with stillborn? - by Nanno - 05-25-2014, 10:22 AM
RE: What to do for mama with stillborn? - by TOU - 05-26-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: What to do for mama with stillborn? - by Nanno - 05-29-2014, 10:24 PM