Clicker training treats
What does everyone like to use for treat for clicker training treats for  goats?

I’m starting on clicker training for my new crew, and it’s been awhile since I’ve done any clicker training.

For treats in general, I’ve used salted peanuts in the past, and more recently tried Manna Pro Apple Goat treats.  Sometimes the goats have been quite interested in those treats, but sometimes not.  

Suggestions?
I use peanuts, raisins, and cheerios
We use a rotating variety of treats because Finn is picky and wants something new on a regular basis. We used mostly animal crackers and peanuts for a long time. Recently I discovered the bulk cereal aisle in Wal-Mart where I can by a huge bag of goodies on the cheap, and there is an endless variety of choices. I plan to pick out a new kind of cereal each time I need to re-supply so we can keep our "Finicky Finn" happy.
My boys new favorite treat are banana chips
(06-09-2018, 06:20 AM)Nanno Wrote: We use a rotating variety of treats because Finn is picky and wants something new on a regular basis. We used mostly animal crackers and peanuts for a long time. Recently I discovered the bulk cereal aisle in Wal-Mart where I can by a huge bag of goodies on the cheap, and there is an endless variety of choices. I plan to pick out a new kind of cereal each time I need to re-supply so we can keep our "Finicky Finn" happy.

Any particular ones that seem to be a real hit?
So far they've all been a big hit. So far we've tried the generic knock-offs of HoneyCombs, Froot Loops, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The goats seem to universally love all of them. I'm not a huge fan of the Cinnamon Toast cereal though. When I bought it I forgot about the sugar dusting which gets all over my hands and leaves them sticky. But the goats sure love them!
depends on time of year and goat.

hay pellets - small ones are sufficient in winter. As soon as there is more green out there I have to "up" the treats and use a 5mm large pelleted horse feed called "Eggersmann Horse and Pony".

Have also used grain in small quantities for difficult behaviours.

And always keep in mind that you can reinforce with regular available food, like leaves, etc. and/or give permission to browse for a few bites as soon as general food/treat manners are established.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]