Cross country walk promoting packing
Hello everyone!

So here's the plan in a nutshell.

Two of us and our two packers will walk across America next summer, raising awareness about pack goat use and promoting their entry on national and state lands.

We would like to attend recreation conferences and the like, as we feel education about packing is paramount to informed regulatory decisions.

That's the short of it.

I am looking for good ideas on how/who to promote to and places/events we can attend.

Also, if anyone is interested in supporting us, we are looking to network with other goat people and are lining up places we can camp at along the way. If you want to walk with us as we go by, we'd love the company! We wiil also have a fundme.com site soon.

We will also have a Facebook and blog page soon of our bios and whatnot.

Thanks for any and all input,
Adrienne
If you can walk, you can walk far.
Sounds like a wonderful adventure. Id like to suggest you do a full bio screen test on them and have the results in hand. This would go a long way into other goat owners letting you come onto their property with your goats AND if you find yourself in state that requires you to get a vet check, that test result paper would help show the care you give to and the quality of animals you have.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Thanks, Dave! Good to note! We shall do just that!

As we are still in the planning stage the more good ideas, the better!

This fall we'll be on the 275mi. Long trail in Vermont as a distance trainer. Can't wait!
If you can walk, you can walk far.
Yes! Exactly what I've been thinking adding a goat to my little crew of me and my dog and tramping around with one and possibly hitch hiking with em
You know, I've wondered about corporate sponsors. For goats!

So I was walking the desert trails and sometimes I'd see some litter here and there. I thought "A guy could bring a goat with empty packs and fill it with litter on the way out."

Then I thought "You know, if you did a few hikes like that, the local news would love to do a story about that".

Then I thought "You know, some beer company or energy drink or local outfit might like to sponsor the goat and get their logo on his panniers. It might just cover a lot of gas money and fund some awesome outings and equipment!"

It'd be better bang for the buck than yet-another-repeat of a radio ad. You know, my friend has a race car and he gets like 500 bucks per year to put logos on it. He's not even a big time racer-- its just a 68 Nova that I restored for him and he takes it to the drag strip a lot. So if he can drum up that kind of coin, I'm sure a goat could do better.

I may in fact try this once my goats are ready to carry stuff. 2 more years.
Well I've heard things like this. But being on your own and disregarding corporate companies means more self sufficiency and avoiding the big wigs man. Independence and freedom beat money and sponsors anyday. But I guess if they could supply you in various towns with some good it would be cool. Being a frequent drinker it would be sweet to roll into a little town and have beer vouchers.