Future Pack Goat - SOLD (as pets not pack goats)!!
Future pack goat buckling. Approx 75% Nubian, 25% Alpine. Super friendly. I'll try to get better pictures in the next day or so. Blend of bottle fed and dam raised. Born April 20 - one of triplets. Looking to rehome him sooner rather than later to let mom raise his two sisters.  In one of the pictures, he is the one with his front legs on the log.  He has already begun learning to follow his mom and me or my husband from the barn to a grazing area and back.
(04-28-2018, 10:17 AM)goatwhisperer Wrote: Future pack goat buckling. Approx 75% Nubian, 25% Alpine. Super friendly. I'll try to get better pictures in the next day or so. Blend of bottle fed and dam raised. Born April 20 - one of triplets. Looking to rehome him sooner rather than later to let mom raise his two sisters.  In one of the pictures, he is the one with his front legs on the log.  He has already begun learning to follow his mom and me or my husband from the barn to a grazing area and back.

More pictures of the buckling visiting with the neighbors.
How cute! did you ever find a home for your other buckling?
Happiness is a working goat
(05-01-2018, 04:44 PM)goatzrule Wrote: How cute! did you ever find a home for your other buckling?

No, unfortunately we did not.  Sure hoping we can find one for this guy - he's even more friendly than the last one.
Thought we had a good home for him, but the "other half" vetoed a bottle kid.  He's still looking for a good home.

Jeanne
Aw, too bad. I've had almost all doe kids so far this year, so it's possible that as I start advertising later this summer I may get more buyers than I have boys for. I will certainly keep you in mind if that happens.

I'm surprised they didn't want a bottle kid. For many packgoat buyers, that's all they'll look at.
(05-09-2018, 10:50 AM)Nanno Wrote: Aw, too bad. I've had almost all doe kids so far this year, so it's possible that as I start advertising later this summer I may get more buyers than I have boys for. I will certainly keep you in mind if that happens.

I'm surprised they didn't want a bottle kid. For many packgoat buyers, that's all they'll look at.
That would be great if you kept him in mind.

They were new to pack goats and the husband works out of town two weeks of the month and the wife said no cause she has her hands full with human kids.

I will be working with him.  All four kids follow us on daily walks now and do really well - they sure love to explore.

Jeanne
Maybe they'll still be interested in a couple more months when he's weaned. It would be good if they bought two. I always say two goats is half as much work as one. One goat demands a lot more attention, and he finds far too many ways to get in trouble because he gets bored and lonely without a buddy. Any time a goat starts "looking for things to do," you're in trouble!
(05-09-2018, 01:18 PM)Nanno Wrote: Maybe they'll still be interested in a couple more months when he's weaned. It would be good if they bought two. I always say two goats is half as much work as one. One goat demands a lot more attention, and he finds far too many ways to get in trouble because he gets bored and lonely without a buddy. Any time a goat starts "looking for things to do," you're in trouble!

Yes, so true.  The husband and his father are actually in the process of purchasing two si year old experience packers and two three year old up and coming packers.  So, yes, my little guy would be a youngster without another kid to play with.  And yes, there is a possibility that they will want him later once they are all set up with the older ones and he is weaned, so all is not lost.  Just be nice if I could find a home for him sooner so mom isn't trying to feed three.  I don't have a good way to separate him during the day.

Jeanne
(05-09-2018, 11:41 AM)goatwhisperer Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 10:50 AM)Nanno Wrote: Aw, too bad. I've had almost all doe kids so far this year, so it's possible that as I start advertising later this summer I may get more buyers than I have boys for. I will certainly keep you in mind if that happens.

That would be great if you kept him in mind.

They were new to pack goats and the husband works out of town two weeks of the month and the wife said no cause she has her hands full with human kids.

I will be working with him.  All four kids follow us on daily walks now and do really well - they sure love to explore.

Jeanne

All FOUR kids? Were are the pictures??
Happiness is a working goat