Future Pack Goat - SOLD (as pets not pack goats)!!
(05-14-2018, 12:04 PM)goatzrule Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 11:41 AM)goatwhisperer Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 10:50 AM)Nanno Wrote: Aw, too bad. I've had almost all doe kids so far this year, so it's possible that as I start advertising later this summer I may get more buyers than I have boys for. I will certainly keep you in mind if that happens.

I'm surprised they didn't want a bottle kid. For many packgoat buyers, that's all they'll look at.
That would be great if you kept him in mind.

They were new to pack goats and the husband works out of town two weeks of the month and the wife said no cause she has her hands full with human kids.

I will be working with him.  All four kids follow us on daily walks now and do really well - they sure love to explore.

Jeanne

All FOUR kids? Were are the pictures??

Tulip had three kids - the buckling I'm trying to sell and two doelings who are going to a home in Montrose.  I also bought a buckling for breeding purposes for our herd.  Hence, the four kids that go walking with the three adult does, two yearling does and I.  So only pics of the buck and I think there might be a picture or two of the doelings in there.
(05-14-2018, 01:52 PM)goatwhisperer Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 12:04 PM)goatzrule Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 11:41 AM)goatwhisperer Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 10:50 AM)Nanno Wrote: Aw, too bad. I've had almost all doe kids so far this year, so it's possible that as I start advertising later this summer I may get more buyers than I have boys for. I will certainly keep you in mind if that happens.

I'm surprised they didn't want a bottle kid. For many packgoat buyers, that's all they'll look at.
That would be great if you kept him in mind.

They were new to pack goats and the husband works out of town two weeks of the month and the wife said no cause she has her hands full with human kids.

I will be working with him.  All four kids follow us on daily walks now and do really well - they sure love to explore.

Jeanne

All FOUR kids? Were are the pictures??

Tulip had three kids - the buckling I'm trying to sell and two doelings who are going to a home in Montrose.  I also bought a buckling for breeding purposes for our herd.  Hence, the four kids that go walking with the three adult does, two yearling does and I.  So only pics of the buck and I think there might be a picture or two of the doelings in there.

Hi all, this, not so little anymore, fellow is still looking for a home.  The people who were interested but not ready for a bottle goat have decided that he would not fit their herd.  Turns out that the seven year old trained pack goats and the yearlings they got are all disbudded and my Alder is not.  I know that most people prefer wether for packing, however, I would be willing to sell one of his sisters with him if anyone was interested in a pair.  I am planning to keep the other sister as my first pack goat in training - not sure who will be training who since I am so new at this.  If anyone is interested, send me a message and I can give you more info.  I will try to get new pictures of him and her as soon as I can - I am currently burning the candle at both ends with my dairy goats and helping my neighbor who broke her arm at the shoulder and had surgery last week.
In my first set of pictures, second picture, Alder is the one with his front feet up on the log.  His sister I would sell, Cinnamon, is to his left near the log.  The one I am keeping is the one in the background who is darker than the two of them.
He is very pretty I hope you find a good home for him.
Happiness is a working goat
[attachment=5190]
Finally got some more recent pictures.  Message me if you are interested in Alder alone, or Alder with his sister Cinnamon.  Hoping to find a good home for them.
Wanted to give a little more info about Alder and Cinnamon.

They are bottle fed every morning before being let out with the adults.  They are then on their mom for the day.  They are being raised with their sister and one other kid who is a week older than they are.  We go for a browse walk every day and they really enjoy that.  They are both very friendly as a result of being bottle fed every morning.  They are also both very chill - they do like attention, petting and scratches.  Cinnamon is very chill and will come up and hang out near you and soak up any attention you give her.  Alder is more likely to come up and ask for attention.  I have not done a whole lot with them on collars, but did had one on both of them this morning and they were both pretty good with it.

I am willing to sell Alder separately if someone wants just wethers for pack goats, but also thought if someone wanted a pair and was interested in one of the pair being a doe, I would be willing to sell Cinnamon with Alder.

Please either call or private message me if you have any further questions or are interested in giving these two sweet kids a good home.  970-422-1888.

Jeanne