Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread

Shelby climbs the slope.  Its times like this when I wish I'd bothered to properly adjust his saddle straps.

This mudstone pinnacle.

Shelby GT, don't stare at it!  You could go blind!

This trip involved a lot of walking.  Sometimes we'd walk on the dirt road.  Here's a funny story that wrote itself in the muddy footprints I found as I walked.  At first, I saw a man's footprints in the hard dirt road walking toward the highway.  He'd apparently been on the road when it was raining and very muddy, as even on the road  his feet sunk an inch and the prints filled with water and then turned white with alkali.  The footprints went on for miles.  Then suddenly a woman's footprints ran next to the man's prints.  I guessed she got left behind.  I started thinking that perhaps these were tracks of someone that got their vehicle stuck in the mud way out in the desert.  I started looking for dried mud puddles with a rotting hand sticking out.  It got more amusing when, about 6 miles from the highway, I saw a child's footprints with the group!  I'm pretty sure the man made it to civilization-- I'm pretty sure the woman and kid met their fate out there.

Barry Goatalo agrees with my interpretation of the footprints.

Group shot.  It was a successful trip, but not really that exciting.  I had plans to get to a certain area I wanted to explore, but on the map distances don't seem so far as when you're actually walking.  Canyons look easy until the surprise 20 foot cliff appears that didnt really show in google maps.  I'll go back soon and drive down the dirt road of doom so I can start from where I turned around on this trip.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 01-29-2018, 09:50 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Kat - 06-04-2018, 06:55 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Charlie Horse - 09-03-2018, 08:42 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 12-20-2018, 08:08 PM