Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread
Last week's trip was to the south of Miller's Canyon exit on I-70 to visit "Miller's Cows", gigantic rocks that have rolled off of the yellow cliffs above, down on to the smooth gray mud slopes below.  I had put this hike off for a week due to big thunder storms moving over the area several times in the previous days and I suspected the blackish-gray dirt out there was capable of making some epic mud.

One of "Miller's Cows".  

I'm starting to think Miller isn't taking care of his cows.  This one has a hole in it.

This one is calving.  I don't think she needs any help. 

Here's a rather old cow.  Lookin' a little weathered and bony.

Ok. That does it.  I went around a corner and found where Miller was hiding the skeletons of cows he'd neglected.  Miller is a bad rancher!

Barry Goatalo takes the stage!

Shelby GT wonders about the implications of the failure to find supersymetry particles in the Large Hadron Collider for the standard model of quantum physics.

I found some shards of a rather rare kind of agate or obsidian in one tiny area about 10 feet on a side.  I bet once upon a time a Freemont Indian was making arrowheads here.  The funny thing is that this particular type of rock is found nowhere near here so it caught my eye.

Luna on the Lunar Landscape!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 01-29-2018, 09:50 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Kat - 06-04-2018, 06:55 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Charlie Horse - 09-03-2018, 08:28 AM
RE: Charlie Horse's 2018 Picture Thread - by Saph - 12-20-2018, 08:08 PM