New From Texas. Looking for.Goats.& Other Packers
We are.still new to goat packing. Have one of our.half.lamanchas and nubies in training...blind leading blind, poor little guy! Would love to find other enthusiasts in Texas. Also trying to find 3 more.pack goat prospects, preferably oberhasli or kikos.or.mix of two. We are in central Texas.near.Waco. Thanks.
(01-28-2018, 08:21 AM)N5TIE Wrote: We are.still new to goat packing. Have one of our.half.lamanchas and nubies in training...blind leading blind, poor little guy! Would love to find other enthusiasts in Texas. Also trying to find 3 more.pack goat prospects, preferably oberhasli or kikos.or.mix of two. We are in central Texas.near.Waco. Thanks.

Hello. I am very near you just east of Temple TX. I am also just starting out. I have all alpines.  So far I have 3 young packers and also 3 does and a buck for breeding.  I am currently building my own string and am trying to select for packing AND exceptional show quality/milk production so that I have a market for the doelings. I may have extra bucklings in the future if you are interested in an alpine.  It is good to know that I am not the only one in the area
Ryan, so sorry just seeing your reply. Deepest apologies for.long delay responding. Delighted to hear you are.close. Sending you pm.
Welcome! Im in a little place called Ramah, NM
I hope you find some more good goats.
Happiness is a working goat
I'm from around the Texarkana area.  I have been looking everywhere for an alpine.  Where did you find yours?  I have a LaMancha and a Kiko that I want to try to pack train.  I also have a little Nigerian who is the apple of my eye.

Have you started training yours yet??  Mine are still very young.  One is still on the bottle and the other one is just weaned, but I've been taking them on short hikes and leash training them.  When they get a little older, I'll be looking for good places to take them out.
Try craigslist. I see one alpine for 150. Another alpine-sanaan cross. Would avoid sanaan blood tho. Suffer in the heat. We had one and lost it, I think for that reason. But I see them advertised from time to time on craigslist. That was the Dallas craigslist, btw.