Wether in Heat???
For the last two days, Cuzco has been flagging his tail like a doe in heat. At first I thought maybe something was stuck under it. He wags like that when a pellet gets in the hair. But it's clean. Everyone recently got a dose of Ivermectin, so he shouldn't have a worm load. Does anyone have an idea why Cuzco would flag his tail?
(12-19-2013, 11:08 AM)Nanno Wrote: For the last two days, Cuzco has been flagging his tail like a doe in heat. At first I thought maybe something was stuck under it. He wags like that when a pellet gets in the hair. But it's clean. Everyone recently got a dose of Ivermectin, so he shouldn't have a worm load. Does anyone have an idea why Cuzco would flag his tail?

Its Christmas he is just happy!!!!!Big Grin
I guess its time to tell you the truth about Cuzco. Its really not my place to bring it up but since you've gone public with a thread about it, I feel I must.

[Image: cusco_drag_queen_01.jpg]

He may act tough and all that, but deep down he's in touch with his inner "Cuzca"!
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Cuzco the drag queen!
LOL I knew there was something off with him, but I just didnt know how far off! Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Is he peeing? Tail flagging can be a sign of blockage and he's had his fair share of stress the last few days.
Hmm... I'll keep an eye on him. He peed like a racehorse yesterday, but I was gone most of today and didn't happen to witness a bathroom break. He's not doing anything else unusual, and he's the only goat still eating normally. The kids are only picking at their grain and Lilly is leaving half of hers, which is completely out of character. She usually cleans hers up, licks the bucket, throws it to the ground, and then licks everyone else's bowl and any dropped morsels the minute I let her off the stanchion. She's losing weight already and she can't afford to lose any at all! Meanwhile, Cuzco is licking his bowl clean and then finishing what everyone else hasn't eaten. But I'll keep an eye on him and make sure his plumbing is in order.
Pin worms can cause them to wage their tail and they are hard to get rid of with most dewormers.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I read that Safe-Guard (fenbendazole) is prescribed for pinworms, so I gave everyone a healthy dose of it this morning. We'll see if the flagging stops. It's Lilly whose tail should be flagging right now! I want to get that girl bred, but I think the recent stress may have thrown off her heat cycle.