Goat-O-Rama Kids of 2018
Nanno - I see some calendar photos in those awesome baby goat photos!

My doe is due March 12th. I can hardly wait!
Goatberries Happen!
I appear to have a ? Due date on one of my Does. After that none until May.
Happiness is a working goat
I always love a good bed time story. Thanks.
Just adorable! From the photos take front-on, Skeeter seems to have a very delicate/fine head. But then in the side-on pictures she really does have a Sputnik profile Smile
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Yes, she does have a fine, delicate head, but it's definitely got that Sputnik profile (in a feminine way)!

I am beating myself over the head for not remembering to grab the camera today. We got about six inches of snow last night and the babies were absolutely thrilled with it when we took our afternoon walk. I wasn't sure if Petunia would bring them because of the snow, but she wanted to go walking herself and by golly she wasn't going to stay behind to watch kids! Time for these babies to toughen up and march even if the snow is over their knees! They loved it! The spent most of the walk bouncing, leaping, cavorting, and racing through the new powder. They got snow dumped on their heads when they stood under the trees where the big goats were pulling down pine needles. At one point Blackbird raced ahead with Finn and Sputnik when they took off from the herd to stage a little sparring match. She got in their way and both boys stopped their fight and stared at Blackbird who was staring back at them. Finn showed her his horns but Sputnik gently nudged her away with his nose before resuming their argument on a gentler scale. Both kids were tired by the end of the walk and I'll bet they sleep good tonight!
What is this snow stuff you speak of!?
Happiness is a working goat
I love the stories you give your photo's, they are cute. We have a doe due each week for the next 3 weeks, hopefully we will have pictures to share too.
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Aw, thanks! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little cuties over the next few weeks! Best of luck with your kidding season. I hope all goes smoothly and you get to be there for every birth but not to assist--just to "catch". Smile
The kids came up to the office the other day to help Phil in his work. Blackbird mostly wanted to help eat my chair. Gotta start these kids early if they're going to grow up properly! Can't have a goat that doesn't chew everything in sight--it just wouldn't be a real goat! 

"Let me up?"

How many goats are on Phil's lap? Can you spot them both?

The problem with Skeeter is that she's so darn flashy she drowns out her rather more beautiful black sister. But you gotta love that eager little face!

If I didn't know better I'd say this was one of Sputnik's baby pictures! 

I have to say, of all the babies we've had around here, we might be having the most fun with these two. For one thing, these are the first kids that have not once pottied in the house, which means they get to come in the house a lot! We've had them in almost every night since they were born so they could sit on the couch and watch movies with us. They love this couch now, and lately they've taken to bouncing on it while we're fixing popcorn or whatever. 

I have to post these two pictures together. This is me and Skeeter the other night. 

And here's me and Sputnik almost four years ago. 

I love how baby goats are almost fluid in their ability to curl up with their heads flopped over. It looks like Phil has a rag doll goat on his lap!