Aloha from Hawaii
Hi, I'm Julie and I know maybe a few of you here because we met at 2017 Rendy. 
I literally never come to PGC but I'd like to change that.
There's like two or three people on this whole island who have even heard of pack goats so I think I need more pack goat friends. haha
I am raising goats on a 6.25 acre upland Hawaiian rainforest farm. We are off-grid, homesteady-style with a back door in to the Puna Forest Reserve Wilderness and beautiful black lava hikes on the slopes of the Volcano Kilauea. 
I'm hoping to bring a lot more knowledge & use of pack goats in Hawaii. At present, on these islands, goats are for keeping the jungle at bay and sometimes meat and milk; which of course, they are good at. ;-) 
People are always a little blown away at how "tame" my goats are and how they "mind like a dog" which is actually pushing it. hahaha They are definitely a curiosity to any who meet them. 
Anyway, nice to "meet" you all.  

ALOHA!
Hello Julie! Great to see you here. I was so excited to see you at the Rendezvous last summer (My gosh, Hawaii!!!). So cool that you're spreading packgoat joy in the islands.
(01-09-2018, 10:21 AM)Nanno Wrote: Hello Julie! Great to see you here. I was so excited to see you at the Rendezvous last summer (My gosh, Hawaii!!!). So cool that you're spreading packgoat joy in the islands.

It's a pretty exciting adventure!
(01-09-2018, 09:22 AM)saltphoenix Wrote: There's like two or three people on this whole island who have even heard of pack goats.
There's only 4 or 5 people here who have heard of pack goats too. There's somehow one goat packer but unfortunately we don't agree on training so we try to avoid each other
Happiness is a working goat
(01-09-2018, 12:09 PM)goatzrule Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 09:22 AM)saltphoenix Wrote: There's like two or three people on this whole island who have even heard of pack goats.
There's only 4 or 5 people here who have heard of pack goats too. There's somehow one goat packer but unfortunately we don't agree on training so we try to avoid each other

Oh wow, where are you?
I'm in New Mexico
Happiness is a working goat
Hi Julie!  Great to see you on Nanno's website.  I so enjoyed meeting you at the Rendezvous last year.  Thanks for donating the awesome gifts to the Auction!  Did you ever try the morel pate recipe?

Your place in Hawaii sounds amazing! Hope to see it in person one day--Irene
(01-09-2018, 09:50 PM)Saph Wrote: Hi Julie!  Great to see you on Nanno's website.  I so enjoyed meeting you at the Rendezvous last year.  Thanks for donating the awesome gifts to the Auction!  Did you ever try the morel pate recipe?

Your place in Hawaii sounds amazing! Hope to see it in person one day--Irene

OH MAN I haven't made the paté (yet) bc I'm being really stingy with them but I did make some delightful Hawaiian Chili Pepper, Morel & Sea Salt Blends with some of it! So yum. Pack all of those you want to offa the mountain with pack goats bc I will take them off your hands ANY TIME. I've never seen a morel here. Not sure that they grow here. I get almond mushrooms (agaricus subrufenses) quite a bit here at my farm and they are amazing. 
I'm glad to do some trading with them, if you don't have any.

I'll try to get my lilikoi syrup stock up before Rendy this year, maybe some lilikoi cajeta. I think I didn't make nearly enough last year. ;-)   

I hope you see it in person too. You are welcome here any time!