Fun with Mufasa
Well  I haven't been doing much hiking lately but  i do have some cool news. Mufasa is started his growth spurt he is now 100 lbs he had me worried for a while because he wasn't growing but he gained 20 lbs in two months so I'm felling better that he's going to get big. In other news I got Mufasa a hiking and future carting buddy! Meet Percy!

He is a 10 month old Alpine/Nubian cross. We got him from a person who took him hiking all the time. He is small for his age, 80 lbs 25 inches tall. I think he'll grow fast now that he's getting good minerals.

I took him on a walk last night he did really well he didn't mind the halter.

He loves Katara, she's been following him around alot

This morning when I went out couldn't walk on his right front leg. I can't feel a break but I splinted him just in case.

Happiness is a working goat
What color description would I put when I get a Certificate of Identification for Percy and Mufasa.  Mufasa below Percy last post.

Since they are Nubian and Nubian cross, I'd just describe the colors as you see them. "Maybe Tan w/ white face. Small spot right flank" for Percy. And then maybe "Brown w/ black trim. Frosted ears and nose" for Mufasa. The main thing is to describe the color and any distinctive markings as best you can with a very limited number of words.
Thanks I'll get those forms filled and sent in as soon as i get Percy tattooed, I did Mufasa a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I might have to redo one ear it doesn't seem to be staying. Sad
Make sure it really didn't "take" before you re-do it. Shine a flashlight through the ear to check. Tattooing over the top of a partial tattoo can make both the new and old tattoos totally illegible. I like to smear my ink on the ear with a toothbrush, tattoo it, then dip the toothbrush in baking soda and rub the ink into the holes with it. The toothbrush pushes the ink into the holes and the baking soda helps raise a bump there as well. I need to tattoo some of my kidlets now that they're big enough to fit in the stanchion.
I didn't use making soda, ill use it on Percy. I'll make sure it didnt take.
As it turns out we have a friend who loves little Percy so we are going to give him Percy. Percy is getting beat up a bit and is not adjusting well. He is is going to take Percy on walks and he is going to be the worlds most spoiled goat.

Can someone please critique Mufasa? He is a growing yearling so hopefully the less ideal things will grow out.

He looks like a nice goat to me. He looks strong and well-balanced with good legs. I like the length of his legs. He's also got good withers and he looks pretty level. However, he does have the Nubian trait of having that dip in the back that makes saddle fitting annoying. Your typical wooden saddle will tend to bridge in the middle and sit up higher in the back. If his withers come up more as he matures, this problem could go away if he's narrow enough. I'm hoping to try a miniature donkey saddle from Bantam Saddle Tack this year and see if it fits Sputnik. It may even fit Finn better than the goat saddles.
I thought of the saddle fitting. He is a narrower goat but even still when I put the saddle on him the other day it fit really weird. Would a Sopris saddle work better? Or will it still slide around?