What did you do today?
I'm so sorry you lost her, Charlie Horse. It's hard to lose a friend you've had for so many years.
So sorry, Charlie Horse. May Dutchess' memory be a blessing to you.
Is anyone by chance going to the Mother Earth news fair in Albany Oregon? We have some friends going but won't make it ourselves, possibly Hannah might go.
I've been busy attending goat shows. Yesterday a friend and I took photos of the 2015 kids for their registration applications.

Last year when my buck won Best in Show I realized when I cropped the photo that he had his tongue sticking out!

Yesterday after cropping photos I discovered one of his daughters, Sageland SS Sugared Eclair, was sticking her tongue out at me when I snapped the picture!

Like father like daughter! I obvious what the two of them think of being photographed!

Goatberries Happen!
Oh my, what a precious baby! I love the tongue sticking out! Her father is quite regal even with his tongue poking out. Flapping one's tongue is a "manly" thing for a buck to do, after all. They both look like they're grinning and very pleased with themselves. Big Grin
Life has been on super sonic speed here! We've finished 2nd cutting and it's GORGEOUS! I had goat shows Memorial Day weekend, June 6-7 and I am the Youth Showmanship Specialty Chair for our local show which also happens to fall on the same weekend as the Rendy. That is a huge bummer. I've been clipping goats and have 5 kids, a buck & a doe entered in the show. This is the last show for me this year. We do have 3 more cuttings of hay but hopefully life settles down some!
Goatberries Happen!
Geez this place id dead. Almost like most of the people where at some big shin dig... Smile Hope everyone who went to the rendy had a great time! Need pictures and stories!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Certainly shows the pack people are occupied elsewhere! I'm busy trying to keep up with a doe that won't eat, a 3 month old with the runs and two first fresheners with a parasite load. My vet doesn't like over using drugs but this time I have to do it. Just one thing after another this year.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
We just rolled in from the Rendy and I've gotta say it was AWESOME!!! I'm sooooo glad we made it to this one, and Cuzco was incredible. We met a whole passel of great folks and some amazing goats. I'll share all about it the moment I get a chance. I sure wish ya'll could've been there!
Hello Everyone! Life has gotten me distracted and busy but I just wanted to say hi and I miss you guys and I'm still here, alive, got a cold right now but plowing through. My move to Nevada has been great and tiring all at once, but bottom line is I'm much happier. I hope to be back on this forum more soon if nothing else just to keep up with you all and your goats and adventures. I have yet to go goat packing in the last year!!!! I can't believe it!! I hope to do one small trip before it gets too cold. I was going to go a couple of weeks ago but we have had freak weather here with an unusual large amount of thunderstorms and lightning and rain rain rain!

I still have all three goats, Putnik the white one is the big boss and quite frankly needs a serious attitude adjustment that I haven't had time or energy to work with him on. Sometimes I think maybe I should lend hi to someone for a summer to work his ass. He even bullies the horse that was given to me!! She could KILL him if she wanted to. Django is fine and the middle goat, and Zoki (my sweetest boy), who is the bottom goat, has had serious weight loss issues over the last 6 months. I've had  a bunch of bloodwork and fecal and clinical exams done, and basically they are about 95% sure he had lymphoma. I could spend a couple hundred dollars more to find out for sure, but I'm not going to since I wouldn't so chemo anyhow. (And could never afford that). But hey, he acts fine, checks out fine clinically by the vets (2 different ones), he's just skinny as hell (although he doesn't look like it when you see him because he's shaggy, but when you touch him it's obvious) - so since he seems to feel ok I'll just let him keep on going as long as he feels ok. Who knows, maybe a miracle will happen and it's not cancer (lymphoma is uncommon in goats) and he'll recover.

He are some photos, just for fun. Miss you guys, miss the forum, miss goat packing, I'll try to be here more!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   DjangoTopaz.jpg (Size: 10.98 KB / Downloads: 28)
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada