What did you do today?
9 degrees this morning at my house. All the way up to 12 when I left for work and today's high was 25. Already in the teens with a winter storm warning for the next couple days. Still need to milk yet tonight but once it reaches a certain temp it's all the same. Had to chase my young mare for 45 minutes in the dark last night before she finally gave up to get her blanket on. That's what I get for having endurance horses, they never stop! Goats are all weathering the cold just fine. The girls are more interested in flirting with Kodiak through the fence!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Pretty cold here today too. It's -1 right now, and the water tank heater flipped the breaker this afternoon, which caused our internet to suddenly go down. It took us a while to figure out why our internet suddenly quit! Phil plugged the tank heater into the freezer breaker, which doesn't have the GFI safety thing. That always makes me a little nervous when it comes to tank heaters, but at the same time I know there's nothing wrong with it--it's just that we have "up to code" GFI outlets that are way too sensitive and easy to overload. My trucks are constantly tripping them when the temperature drops very low and the block heaters start working harder. We put in the "freezer outlet" for the trucks, but it works for the tank heater as well. Kind of a nice thing to have!

I also made butter this afternoon! We compared it side-by-side with the store butter and the goat butter is really, really mild--almost flavorless. The store butter tasted almost tangy after tasting the goat butter. I wonder if there's a culture I could use for the butter to give it a little more kick.
You are having GFCI's trip? That is not good. Confused THose things keep you from getting electricuted. Im kinda suprised a water tank would cause that though.
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
GFIs are suppose to be sensitive and not surprising to hear your truck and water de icer is tripping it. Every modern electrical circuit is ran through a braker in your electrical panel. Thats more then reliable enough for most situations.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Six inches snow with freezing rain on top with more snow to come. It's 19 out and dropping quickly. So weird, just one week ago we set record highs for November. Crazy weather. At work today there were people coming in wearing shorts and windbreakers. Really? Crazy people!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
I think I may drive my no-roof, no doors sports car to the gym tomorrow morning, but I'll wear a hat... Its a little cool here but nothing to complain about. We did have our big storm-- I saw some snow flakes for a few minutes today. It made some damp spots on the driveway. I heard it was cold somewhere out there. You know, normally I see the first snow touch down here on around Oct 10, but this year it was today. Talk about a mild fall. Nothing to complain about this year, other than the snow pack if this keeps up.

Ok so interesting news. I'm working on a Tshirt for NAPGA. Remember that sketch I did of the goats climbing the rock formations that was based on that one banner? I'm fleshing it out. Hope to have the art done in a few days, and then I have to see about printing some.
A friend on facebook posted "Oh here it comes, I see snow flakes!!!" 3 minutes later she posted "Never mind, it quit snowing..." lol
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(11-13-2014, 09:55 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Ok so interesting news. I'm working on a Tshirt for NAPGA. Remember that sketch I did of the goats climbing the rock formations that was based on that one banner? I'm fleshing it out. Hope to have the art done in a few days, and then I have to see about printing some.

Oh yay! I can't wait to see it! Phil and I will buy some for sure.

We lucked out on the snow, not so much on the temperature. We got about 8-10 inches of snow (YAY! Gimme more! Gimme more!), but it's been hovering around 0 for the last two days. It's supposed to warm up a lot (like 40+ degrees) tomorrow and I hope they're right! I love winter, but I could stand for it to be a bit warmer than it is right now. At least it hasn't been windy, and I'm thrilled we got some moisture out of it.
We've said goodbye to fall. I took both of these photos while sitting in my chair under my sunlight lamp looking out the picture window. I much prefer the photo on the left. I'm a sun worshipper. The huge storm that was supposed to hit us just grazed us.

Goatberries Happen!
your lucky it was -4 here this morning and I got 7" of snow..... goats don't mind thou....
Matt