What did you do today?
They are adorable!!!
Aww!!! So cute!! Smile
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
Thanks, that's Nigerian Dwarf goats for ya! CUTE! LOL
It was a gorgeous sunny day yesterday. Yesterday I loaded up the 3 wethers in the trailer, drove to the field with the low hanging scrub elm and finished the tree trimming job I didn't get finished the other day. Then the boys and I went to one of our new parcels of land and I drove tractor while my husband worked the chain and we pulled old cedar fence posts out of a row of tall weeds along the alfalfa field edge before he burned the row of weeds. The boys did not like me being up on the tractor instead of on the ground with them. When I got down my husband and I were standing around talking and all of a sudden Banjo jumped into the tractor bucket. After a few minutes of exploring and admiring the view from up there he started looking around like "uh-oh, how do I get down from here!" Then he decided to go higher! Of course Bourbon was cheering him on! He eventually got back into the bucket and hopped down. Later in the afternoon I added the 2 girls to the mix and hauled all of them to a field my husband and youngest son baled and stacked. We hiked along the edge of the field with frequent stops to browse while the guys worked. When they were done we all went home. It was a good day.

King of the bucket!

.jpg   Banjo1.jpg (Size: 49.88 KB / Downloads: 50)

Uh-Oh. How do I get down?

.jpg   Banjo2.jpg (Size: 50.61 KB / Downloads: 50)

Maybe if I go higher......

.jpg   Banjo3.jpg (Size: 50.98 KB / Downloads: 50)
Goatberries Happen!
Goats add humor (and usually some extra work) to every job!
I agree, Nanno. They do keep life interesting! Thank goodness he didn't decide to eat the tractor seat like your "helper" did! Big Grin
Goatberries Happen!
I got my pocket pad and kids' saddle to fit on my NW packsaddle today! I put it all together this evening and I can't wait to try it on a goat. Even more, I can't wait to try it with my nephews and niece! Pac-Man's not quite old enough to be a real packgoat yet, but his back is easily long enough for the saddle, so maybe I can get away with having him take a short turn around the yard with the kids on Thanksgiving. They're still so young they don't have a long enough attention span to ride more than a minute or two anyway.
LOL, funny goats!!
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
Pictures, pictures! Big Grin
Goatberries Happen!
Today I rearranged my goat pens. Yesterday morning I came outside to find Finn hobnobbing on the girls' side. Jezebel had come into heat and was teasing him through the fence so he decided to pop on through and make a date of it. The netting squares were all stretched apart where he'd gone through. I put him back and fixed the net, but I didn't have time to move pens yesterday. This morning Finn stayed put (perhaps the electric shock taught him to mind his own business), but Snickers thought he'd copy Finn's little stunt. He wrecked the fence even worse than Finn did! I realized I could no longer have my goats sharing a fence line. In fact, as I'd been putting them to bed last night I'd heard Finn zap himself and then cry out in pain--three times in a row.

So now the girls are installed across the meadow and up the hill next to the house. The boys are still down in the woods. No one cares for the arrangement, but I'm hoping that several hundred yards distance and two fences between them will keep everybody from getting tempted beyond what they can bear.