What did you do today?
A few years back I got to do a float on the middle fork John Day River and did some smallmouth bass fishing. The guys were catching nice pan size but I was catching hor de oeuvres-you know, catch and release! Oh my, they are tasty toasted over a campfire!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Whelp it rained pretty good last night and as the norm, the wind followed behind it. So no fishing today. Guess we will worm and maybe do some long needed hoof trimming.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
testing... I cannot post a new thread... This site has been difficult to participate in.

That seemed to work but I get 404 errors when attempting a new post and a message saying I don't have access.. ;( Maybe I'll try again later. Often I cannot even open a connection as though the server is busy. It's hard to participate when I always run into problems... sorry.
(05-09-2014, 09:19 PM)RCJones Wrote: testing... I cannot post a new thread... This site has been difficult to participate in.

That seemed to work but I get 404 errors when attempting a new post and a message saying I don't have access.. ;( Maybe I'll try again later. Often I cannot even open a connection as though the server is busy. It's hard to participate when I always run into problems... sorry.

Hmm... I'm sorry you're having problems with the site. I wish I'd known sooner. I think it's because of the cheap web hosting we bought back when we weren't sure whether this site would get off the ground. Since there are quite a few people using it though, we've been talking about upgrading our web host. Maybe now would be a good time to do it. I'll speak to Phil about it tomorrow.
Phil very kindly switched us over to a better web host today, so hopefully there won't be any more of those glitches or errors or down times with the site any more. Ya'll please let me know if you experience any problems.
Nice, thanks Phil! Smile You da man!

What did I do today??? I was pretty much a step behind the entire day. Woke up late so finished chores late. Got to Walla Walla late so missed out on mushroom hunting. Brother got home late from mushroom hunting, so no fishing. So played a bit with the nieces and great nephew. Went over what specialty tags we wanted to put in for this year. I decided to do modern again cause my brother and dad are doing muzzle. Almost put in for a multi season permit but didnt cause its over twice the $$. Stopped by Wal-mart to get my deer tag and put in for a second deer permit. Still trying to decide if I wanna do an elk tag and a special anterless elk draw... Still a bit of time to decide. Came home and did chores. Pretty lazy day.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Yesterday I rode my horses and helped Phil set up a new campfire ring (the goat pen is now on top of where the old one was). Altogether I think the new location is much better for a variety of reasons.

Today I need to fix Cuzco's tipi shed and get that set up. The girls are driving him crazy. He's left home twice in the last two days to hang out with the neighbor's horses. He hasn't done that in ages, and I think it's because he knows the girls are coming due soon. Tonight during our campfire Cuzco went to drive Lilly away when she came to say hi and she pinned her ears back and charged right back at him! I've never seen such an ugly face on our sweet, pretty Lilly-goat! Cuzco actually retreated back to my chair and stood there staring at her. Cuzco didn't want to go to bed in the pen with the other goats tonight and hasn't finished his supper for two days. He's been having to share the PolyDomes with the other goats ever since a wind storm tore his E-Z Hutch loose. I just haven't made time to repair a crack and put extra stake-down holes in it, but I think I'd better do it today. There's a snowstorm coming tonight and babies in another week, and I think Cuzco is really ready to have his own shelter again. He likes the E-Z Hutch best because it has a narrow doorway so he can lay in it and block anyone else from entering.
And in other news... Saph, I always miss you in the chat room by like an hour. Tongue

I'm going to hang out there now for a while and see if anyone shows.
It's horrible, miserable weather out right now and my afternoon plans are spoiled... anyone want to chat? Big Grin
Went for a hike with the goats. What else?

[Image: IMG_0450_zps910bec4b.jpg]