What did you do today?
Good luck and happy baby catching Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I've been on baby-alert since Friday morning and still no babies. I think Petunia is teasing me. I doubt I'll sleep much tonight.

In other news, I made butter! I bought some cheap plastic entree containers at the grocery store that are square and shallow and hold about three cups of milk apiece. I stacked a few in the fridge and left them for a day and got a whole pint of cream! I'd have got a lot more cream if I'd been patient and waited a day or two, but I was too anxious to try butter now. I mixed it with the eggbeaters until it separated, then worked it, washed it, salted it, and made about 1/4 cup (1 stick) of butter. Maybe a little more. And it's good! If you melt it then eat it plain it leaves a slight goaty after-taste, and it has a distinct goaty odor when you cook it, but the flavor is great if you actually use it like it's supposed to be used--on food. I had some on popcorn tonight and it tasted like regular old butter. No "eau de goat pen." I'm so excited!
"Ooone-o-clock and aaaall's weeelll!"

Petunia hasn't been able to lay down since mid-afternoon because her udder is so big and sore. You'd think she'd go ahead and just get on with the job in the interest of giving her feet a rest! But noooo... She's just going to stand there placidly eating hay at me every time I doggedly drag myself out to that goat pen, flashlight in hand, to see if there's any progress. Alarm set for 3:00. I get the feeling I'm going to spend all night checking on her only to have her kid sometime tomorrow afternoon while I'm out running a few essential errands.Dodgy
Busy day. Started with hauling hay and got lucky when backing the flatbed and dually into the guy's barn area-he said he had never seen a woman handle a truck and trailer so well. Ya' gotta love it! About time I learned to do this right since I've been doing it since I was 16. Then get all domestic and start laundry, then back to the barn to get way too much help cleaning runs from the babies. Wow can they "help". Then milk the girls. Back inside for more laundry and kitchen. Time to check on the saanen/Nubian girls that are in a different area from my older does and of course one of them is getting ready to kid. She's a FF so wasn't sure how it'd go. We had to take these from a boarder who wasn't paying for hay for the last 8 months! They were bred to my buckling which I never got paid for either. So back out to prepare the stall in the barn but she didn't wait. It took awhile and with a little help we have a multi-colored single buckling. So couple hours later she is settled in with baby under the heat lamp-it's been freezing here the last few nights with 15-20 mph winds. Back out to cover the garden again. Time now to work on rendy stuff. Oh, did I mention I had to take a run out to Brasada Ranch Resort to drop off the resume I forgot the day of my interview for a seasonal massage therapist? I probably haven't told you all I am a massage therapist, specializing in sports and deep tissue styles plus equine sports therapy.
So my day was full and ended with a little cutie with floppy airplane ears! Nice day.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
I want to see pictures of your kid!! Sounds like he'd fit in my herd.

And yes, Petunia did keep me up checking her all night only to kid the following afternoon. Thank goodness I decided not to step out and run errands since it turned out she needed help!

Today I taught a riding lesson, did some chores, and mostly sat around all afternoon playing with baby goats. Tonight Phil and I went out for the final goodnight check around 10:30 and ended up sitting in the shed with Petunia and her kids for over half an hour. We've decided to name them Snickers and Sputnik.
I'll try to get them posted today. And yes, he is right up your alley! Yay, for Petunia!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Well,for those of you who heard,about 2 months ago one of my goats pulled her leg out of socket,and she was that way till about 5 days ago,when she somehow popped it back in. She is starting to put more pressure on it,and she loves the freedom it brings. It is so fun watching her jump around like A one week old baby goat does. Soooo cute. Big Grin
What do you think of all my soap i've been working on the last month? There are 10 different scents. https://cloud.openmailbox.org/public.php...09e1145d38 I wonder why some of them turned brown. Sad
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us
I'm so glad to hear she's doing well now! Tell her to be careful.

Nice job on the soap!
(06-17-2014, 11:04 PM)Nanno Wrote: I want to see pictures of your kid!! Sounds like he'd fit in my herd.

And yes, Petunia did keep me up checking her all night only to kid the following afternoon. Thank goodness I decided not to step out and run errands since it turned out she needed help!

Today I taught a riding lesson, did some chores, and mostly sat around all afternoon playing with baby goats. Tonight Phil and I went out for the final goodnight check around 10:30 and ended up sitting in the shed with Petunia and her kids for over half an hour. We've decided to name them Snickers and Sputnik.

Hey, now there's a Sputnik? He'll have to meet Putnik then, since their names mean the same thing Smile

(07-04-2014, 02:02 PM)sydneyjd Wrote: Well,for those of you who heard,about 2 months ago one of my goats pulled her leg out of socket,and she was that way till about 5 days ago,when she somehow popped it back in. She is starting to put more pressure on it,and she loves the freedom it brings. It is so fun watching her jump around like A one week old baby goat does. Soooo cute. Big Grin
What do you think of all my soap i've been working on the last month? There are 10 different scents. https://cloud.openmailbox.org/public.php...09e1145d38 I wonder why some of them turned brown. Sad

Glad your goat's leg is on the mend, that sounds painful!! (Ouch, shudder )Those soaps are making me hungry! Do you have any with coffee grinds in it? I sometimes gently scrub my face (very gently!) with my warm, wet, leftover coffee grinds - the exfoliation, caffeine and oils, etc leave the skin soft and smooth and it doesn't stain the skin (you'll just smell like coffee for a while ) watch the eyes!
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
No,I havent tried it with coffee grounds yet,i might someday though. Wink

I sold like 20 bars of soap yesterday. Big Grin
My words have power...And so do yours.
My website: https://sydev.us