What did you do today?
Had a lovely drive with Finn and Sputnik in the wagon today. I drove them to the hardware store and picked up a dowel rod so I can make a new yoke. I'm not entirely pleased with the one we've been using and I think I can design it better. Everyone loved seeing them tied in front of the store with the wagon in tow. I love that they're well-trained enough by this point that we can take long breaks and not have to start over. They weren't rusty at all and acted like we've been practicing every week.
Than sounds so cool! I would love to see a goat waggon tied outside a hardware store!
That certainly would have been a sight! Is there a hardware store in Rye or did you need to drive further afield?
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
It's the hardware store in Colorado City and it's right near the golf course where we regularly drive, so all we had to do was cross the highway. Very convenient! Smile
I got a new camera!!!!!!! because it was to cold to do any hiking I went out and got some pictures of my goats.
Mufasa is all ears.

And then there's Mufasa's adorable brother Jupiter

Happiness is a working goat
Yay for a new camera!
I took Sputnik out for a walk around Lake Beckwith today. It was just me and him. He was a very good boy and seemed to enjoy leaving Finn home. Finn has been sulky about getting caught lately and when I went to catch Sputnik, Finn hung back as usual while Sputnik trotted over. But I had to laugh when I got home because before I could get the truck tailgate down to let Sputnik out, Finn had his feet up on the bumper and was craning his neck over the tailgate like he wanted in the truck. After that he spent some time glaring at me in an accusatory fashion--"You forgot to take ME with you!"

Silly goat! Maybe he if he knows he might get left behind, he'll stop playing hard-to-catch so often.
We threw out Christmas tree out last night. The goats had a hey-day with it this morning and by noon it was completely denuded--needles, bark, and many of the smaller branches were all gone. Phil said, "Well, the goats have thoroughly put this Christmas six feet under!"  

This is what our tree looked like by noon the next day: 

Well the past few days have not been very warm. So Mufasa and Licorice hogged the camera.
Mufasa was sure that the camera was for him.

Licorice thought she was going to get left out.

I told her that I wasn't going to forget her, so she had to set her self up and look pretty.

She doesn't now that the camera is being pointed at her.

I did manage to get a picture or two of the other goats.

Wonder decided to look pretty too, I told she's pretty any way.

Happiness is a working goat
Information 
Had a pritty fun day!!  Steve the white Alpine is squared away.  Walks with out a lead and loves his gear.  This was  Hair the Obers first day with a pack on and he did really well.  He did ok on the lead as well.  Then there is Garbie the tan/ brown  Alpine is still a project.  I can put the pack on him with out him loosing his mind.  However he is still skiddish and would run off if I gave him a chance.  He is getting better however.

I am pritty stoked on the high vis tabe I sewed on the flaps of my pannnier.  They really make hair stand out under the tree.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)