Recipe
This sounds like a yummy recipe to serve during the holidays!  Made with fresh goat cheese I'll bet it's even tastier!  What would you seve it with other than marinara sauce?

Pretzel-Coated Fried Goat Cheese

Crush 2 cups mini pretzels in a food processor (or in a sealed plastic ziptop bag by pounding with a rolling pin), and pour into a bowl.

In a shallow bowl, whisk 2 large eggs with 2 Tbsp water. Place 1/2 cup flour in a third bowl.

Slice (4-oz) goat cheese logs into quarters. Dip each round into flour, shaking off excess. Then dip into egg, drop into pretzel crumbs and turn to coat thoroughly.

In a medium skillet, heat 1/2-inch olive oil over medium heat. Gently lay 4 of the goat cheese rounds in skillet and fry about 45 seconds. Turn with a slotted spatula and fry the other side until golden and crisp, 30 to 45 seconds.

Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Repeat steps with remaining 4 rounds.

Serve with marinara sauce for dipping and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.

Serves 4

Per serving: 528 cal, 33g fat, 738mg cho/, 20g prot, 37g carbs, 7g sugar, 7g fiber, 527mg sodium

TIP: If the goat cheese logs aren't slicing neatly, place in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
Goatberries Happen!
Interesting... now if only I were better at making goat cheese! Thanks for sharing.
Sounds lovely!  I would serve it as a salad course, on top of a bed of baby lettuce/micro-greens, with a mild vinaigrette dressing, I don't think I would use marinara sauce as it would "overpower" the goat cheese. But that's just me!  Big Grin
I'm with you, Saph, I think marinara sauce would overpower it.

Nanno, here is a super easy goat cheese recipe that was developed for 4-H members.  If you can make that fabulous ice cream I ate while visiting you can surely make this recipe!   Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Goatberries Happen!
I used that recipe and it didn't come out good. I'll have to try again next summer. I don't have enough milk to make cheese right now since I'm down to just Tigerlily, and she only produces about 1 1/2 quarts/day tops. I keep telling myself I'm going to master this goat cheese thing--someday. I bought a DVD from a lady who conducted a cheese making class at the Weld County Goat Extravaganza last spring. I haven't watched it yet.  Blush