Rendy attendance and hay
(05-06-2014, 02:39 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: hehe if Legion will eat it... him is spoiled Smile

I hear that. My goats eat everything except their hay. Paw through it until it's not fit to eat. It's really fine texture too. Beautiful stuff. They don't know how good they have it.

But I'll take a bale. It might end up being good compost or fire starter.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Hi folks! I plan to attend the rendy, however I will not be bringing my goats Sad I'm preparing for a big trip and it just complicates things too much to try and bring them. Still really looking forward to meeting you all, and your packers!

I need to know how much money I need to give for camping, and what I need to bring to contribute as far as food, etc goes. I plan on leaving my dog with a friend that weekend as it just seems easier, but still would like to know the typical rendy dog policy.

A little bummer I won't have my guys there, but can't wait to meet you all!

Cheri
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Yay! Glad you can come! At this point it looks like $15 per camper. I'm just now getting all that figured out. Hope that won't be a problem for anyone. I know travel is a spendy thing now a days. I had to put out $300 to reserve the site for us, then porta potties will be on beyond that. I haven't got a price on getting a couple hundred gallons of potable water yet. There will be a TexMex potluck Saturday evening. My business will provide margaritas for social time while food is being put out. There are some incidentals I need to be picking up between now and then. If you have anything for the auction just bring it along. Dog policy is dogs welcome but under control, pretty much standard operating procedure when goats are around.
Hope this gives you a better idea.

Oh, I forgot, there will be a photographer available for the weekend. If anyone wants she can put together a photo CD of the weekend. Haven't cornered her on price yet.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Sounds great! Do you need the money sent in advance, or when we arrive? What are the camping dates? Ooooh, I'm so excited, I've never been to a pack goat rendy before!

Can you bring a horse so I can get myself ready for Mongolia Wink Hehehee! I used to have horses, but it's been ages...
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
Just bring it along. The dates are June 26, camp opens at 4, through June 30, camp closes at noon.
I'm pretty sure my friend who is the photographer would rather be on a horse! She regularly rides one of mine. If you stick around past rendy for a day maybe I could haul some horses to the trail head and we could go for a ride. Have you ridden Arabians? Mine are endurance bred and are extreme forward movers.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Wow, that would be so fun! I've ridden Arabians, but again, not for a long time. I had one when I was 16, and an Appy, then Quarter Horse crosses after that. I would be up for it if you have one that's not too flighty. We can talk about it that weekend. I fly out of Portland to Mongolia on the 8th, and other than that visiting my friend in Brownsville and family in Forest Grove, so I'll have time.
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
ah great to hear you will make it. Am bummed not to be able to see the boys.

Say are the fire pits with grates for the camp sites to do some cooking? Power hook ups? Or a website we can see some details on the came grounds to know what we need to bring? Thanks!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Dave I know! Me too! I really wish I could bring them, but they are staying in SF while I'm in Mongolia, so it's too crazy to try and bring them up and then back before I go (since I'm flying out of Portland). Django is big now, well, as big as my 3 year old. He's beautiful! (but he still has about 4 inch long balls, is that normal?) I'll post some fun pics I took the other day (on a different thread though).
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada
... sounds a little long indeed. Legions are about dog sized.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Hmmm... well, he doesn't stink or act like a buck, so I guess I'll just let him be. Don't want to put him through it again if it's not necessary!
*Saltlick*  Rancho Topaz   
near Topaz Lake, Nevada