Two hornless 3yo pack goats in UT
This listing showed up a few days ago.
Pack goat people in Utah that I dont know?
They want to sell them togethers.
Both Carolyn Eddy wethers.
$175 dollars or so.

They are Hornless.
Apparently they're not enormous.
3 years old.
Hope they get sold.
I'd hate to see them go homeless.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=...=&ad_cid=2
(04-28-2014, 07:58 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: This listing showed up a few days ago.
Pack goat people in Utah that I dont know?
They want to sell them togethers.
Both Carolyn Eddy wethers.
$175 dollars or so.

They are Hornless.
Apparently they're not enormous.
3 years old.
Hope they get sold.
I'd hate to see them go homeless.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=...=&ad_cid=2

Um...these are actually mine, I posted them yesterday. I definitely want them to go to a good home but I will be frank with you. They are much smaller than my other 6 that are actually quite large (I believe a few of them are over 200# & as much as +38".) Both are sweet but I don't think that they will ever be large but they do have big hearts & always keep up when hiking. Mocha the brown/white one very evenly built while chip is a bit smaller. Chip is very friendly and follows you around while Mocha is a bit more shy. I bought them as group of seven but with 5 new kids in transit I had to make some hard decisions. These two have been hiked but not packed. (Obviously)

Any forum members that want to give these two a good home, I will sell them for $125 each as a pair which is half of what they sold for originally as kids. Depending on what you want them for, they are well worth the price.

Cheers,

TOU
Ahhh. You know, my goat Amelia Goat-hart is puny. She can climb anything but she's never going to be wearing packs. She's half alpine and half saanan and yet she's such a runt!

Of course there's something to be said for medium sized pack goats. They ship easier and you can boost them up and man-handle them if you need to. Then again the equipment out there seems to be sized for 225lb goats.

I didnt realize what a big herd you had formed. Thats quite a gaggle of goats.
(04-28-2014, 12:17 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Ahhh. You know, my goat Amelia Goat-hart is puny. She can climb anything but she's never going to be wearing packs. She's half alpine and half saanan and yet she's such a runt!

Of course there's something to be said for medium sized pack goats. They ship easier and you can boost them up and man-handle them if you need to. Then again the equipment out there seems to be sized for 225lb goats.

I didnt realize what a big herd you had formed. Thats quite a gaggle of goats.

Yeah it's starting to become an addiction I think...and enabling people like Charlie are not helping. Wink I wish I had the space and the money to be able to keep everybody but I just can't.

Give me a call sometime we can talk goats.

Take care,

Ken
I should add, for what I want to do with my packgoats in general, they have to be able to pack 40 lbs or better at 4 years old. I just don't want to put that on these guys...these are more 25-30lb kind of guys. They will definitely make someone a good start & will be great for lighter duties...especially for the price.

For the purchaser of these goats, I will also take $50 off the purchase of a Poly Dome Mini-Dome if desired.

Cheers,

Ken
You buy em as babies and hope. But not all of them live up to expectations. Its just the way it is. Super good price on em.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(04-28-2014, 06:30 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: You buy em as babies and hope. But not all of them live up to expectations. Its just the way it is.
Exactly. Nothing wrong with them, just need them to be bigger for our intended task. Heck there are several people that want to only day hike & won't ever pack heavy...these guys are perfect for them.

Quote:Super good price on em.

Thx Dave, I think so.

Cheers,

TOU
I actually did the math one day to see if it would be possible to hold over prospects until they were 3 years old, trained and ready to go. I get a lot of requests for that or if I do it. Turned out to be like $2400.00 minimum per prospect. This includes, feed, treats, vaccines/boosters, worming, 300.00 possible vet costs (including castration) upkeep, shelter and pen space, training, time invested and a small amount of profit on top. As you can guess, no takers on that kinda price tag Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(04-28-2014, 11:01 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: I actually did the math one day to see if it would be possible to hold over prospects until they were 3 years old, trained and ready to go. I get a lot of requests for that or if I do it. Turned out to be like $2400.00 minimum per prospect. This includes, feed, treats, vaccines/boosters, worming, 300.00 possible vet costs (including castration) upkeep, shelter and pen space, training, time invested and a small amount of profit on top. As you can guess, no takers on that kinda price tag Smile

OUCH....WOW!

I better not let my wife see that. Blush But yes, financially it is a loss on these two guys but I just want them to go to good homes where they can hopefully still hike.

TOU
SOLD!