Goat Packing: Through The Wind River Mountains Video (John Mionczynski)
Hey All,

If you hadn't already seen it, I thought you all might enjoy seeing this video preview featuring John Mionczynski GoatPacking in the Wind Rivers. Maybe a bit dated but maybe good to share with folks as we continue to encourage others to GoatPack, join NAPgA & donate to help us preserve our land use rights in the National Forest.

Enjoy!

TOU

Video Link:Goat Packing: Through The Wind River Mountains - PREVIEW

Quote:Most of us think of goats as either petting zoo favorites, cartoon staples or food, but in growing numbers America's outdoor enthusiasts are discovering them as trail companions. People-friendly pack goats have been paving the way for many to enjoy an environmentally low impact experience. We meet some of these remarkable animals as we follow 9 people and 16 goats on a challenging 8 day traverse of the Continental Divide in Western Wyoming.

Leading our way is John Mionczynski – the naturalist known as the 'father of goat-packing' and the individual credited with popularizing this unique experience. Come along as John and his goats start the hike on a trout filled lake. Once above the tree line we keep our eyes on signs of mountain sheep and their predators as we scramble across imposing boulder fields and trod through quickly melting snow. Along the way John shares his unique knowledge of the native plants and animals of this habitat.

At 13,000 ft. we cross the Continental Glacier. Here we discover a vast boulder field in an area that had been covered by the Glacier just eight years ago. Further evidence of its diminishing size is a glacier lake – once frozen within the glacier, now flowing freely at its top. These Rocky Mountain glaciers, which have existed at least 15,000 years as the source of the rivers and underground water table of the Great Plains, are disappearing in our lifetime.

Film Festivals, Screenings, Awards
Best Cinematography, Washington DC Peer Awards, 2000
Silver Award, 34th World Fest, Houston Texas, 2000
Honorable Mention, 8th Annual Twin Rivers Media Festival, 2000
What a fabulous video! Where do I find the full length video?
Goatberries Happen!
(04-27-2014, 09:17 AM)Taffy Wrote: What a fabulous video! Where do I find the full length video?

Here you go...$19.95 for home use.($219 for institutional use.) 50 minutes long.

Video Link:Goat Packing: Through The Wind River Mountains - Purchase full length

Sure nice talking to you the other day Taffy, thank you!

TOU
Thanks, Ken!

If the full length video is as great as the lead-in I think it would be a great educational tool when we speak to folks. When I was teaching Environmental Education I had a number of videos I would use to accentuate the points I was trying to make. The scenery alone will make this one a hit!

It was great getting to know you over the phone the other day. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone in person at the Rendy!
Goatberries Happen!
I bought the full length video and am looking forward to receiving it! I'll have to play it on my computer at the Rendy so everyone can enjoy it!
Goatberries Happen!
(05-01-2014, 11:32 AM)Taffy Wrote: I bought the full length video and am looking forward to receiving it! I'll have to play it on my computer at the Rendy so everyone can enjoy it!

Awesome! Charlie has a copy but I am also going to order my own.

Cheers,

TOU

PS I will post I on my news soon. Wink