Mystery-Virus/Rickettsial Infection/Deficiencies?
I've heard that about copper but I wasn't willing to do a biopsy unless a vet highly suggests it. I strategically picked 2 sets of twins for the samples to try and get a herd baseline, so for everyone to come back zinc deficient it makes sense to me that it's true. I did see from the lab that samples should be spun and separated prior to shipping because zinc can leach from the test tube stoppers. I reached out to a vet and they said my area is known for zinc deficiency, and I believe she said zinc isn't stored in the body. She's considering having me give Huck something to bind the copper because of his very poor coat, which might be the zinc deficiency or a sign of copper toxicity.

Everyone's selenium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron read normal.
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
I guess the treatment for copper toxicity is also an immunosuppressant, and we aren't willing to compromise Huck's immune system meaning that we are treating for the zinc deficiency alone.

I switched from the timothy hay I was feeding to orchard grass and wow! My goats have gained so much weight so quickly. I still supplement them with alfalfa every other day or so but now that I have a walk on scale for them its really showing their growth. Previously I had switched from orchard to timothy because their body condition was well.. fat, but they dropped it over time, especially those that became sick.
Today we stroll the neighborhood, someday we'll climb mountains together..  Heart
Thanks for the update! I hope everyone improves dramatically before winter.