Stough Creek Basin, Winds 2013
Buford, ready to hit the trail with his 50 lbs in the panniers.
[Image: 13772078103_51cd228cfb.jpg]

Coming back from the lakes in Stough Creek Basin, about to get up to the "pass"
[Image: 9456568638_4f924997f0_z.jpg]

Stream crossing with Otis and Chester. The older boys are the best teachers for the youngsters!
[Image: 9456566536_4d637f5b4e.jpg]

Packing up in the morning, ready to head back to the Trailhead.
[Image: 9453787873_6b4a265a56.jpg]
How many goats are there?
(04-10-2014, 10:15 PM)ledel Wrote: How many goats are there?

I took 4 adults and 2 two year olds, Dave Suisse took five or six of his.
Great pictures! Love it!
Wonderful photos! Keep them coming!
Goatberries Happen!
Awesome, thanks for sharing! Apart from all the planned adventures here in Washington State, I have 8 elk points in Utah and hope to hunt with my goats there when I finally draw! Love those Rockies!
My boys and I will be doing a archery elk trip in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming this fall. Took 6 years of gathering points to get drawn for this one. Much higher elevation than we are use to. Need to get everyone fit for this one.
(04-14-2014, 09:45 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: My boys and I will be doing a archery elk trip in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming this fall. Took 6 years of gathering points to get drawn for this one. Much higher elevation than we are use to. Need to get everyone fit for this one.

I LOVE the Bighorns! I graduated from Sheridan (WY) High School, and we would spend summers up there fishing.
My girlfriend lives in Buffalo and talked me into this one. We went on a hike there in 2009. There were big floods and several hail storms at the higher elevations on the 4th of July. We bailed out and dropped to 7,000 foot where the weather was nice. The boys were one year old. The hail hit so hard it think it hurt their ears. We had to hide under big old trees to keep from getting pounded.
We here rumor of good elk in the country and are looking forward to going back.
Do you mean Buffalo, WY?

The weather sounds like it was really nasty!

(04-14-2014, 09:59 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: My girlfriend lives in Buffalo and talked me into this one. We went on a hike there in 2009. There were big floods and several hail storms at the higher elevations on the 4th of July. We bailed out and dropped to 7,000 foot where the weather was nice. The boys were one year old. The hail hit so hard it think it hurt their ears. We had to hide under big old trees to keep from getting pounded.
We here rumor of good elk in the country and are looking forward to going back.
Goatberries Happen!