Mineral deficiency? Or is it toxicity?
(02-26-2018, 01:54 PM)Nanno Wrote: Hello and welcome! The jury is still out on my experiment. Our kiddings will be in April, May, and June this year. We've had one kidding in February and no problems whatsoever. The kids both had nice straight legs when they were born, so no indication of selenium deficiency. Most of my goats look good in terms of copper this winter. I've got two does that I bought last summer who were very, very thin from kidding triplet bucklings as first freshener yearlings. They are the only two that still have poor coats and faded black markings consistent with copper deficiency. I recently bolused them but so far I'm not seeing any improvement. Everyone else looks good, but last year they all looked good until about March/April when my pasture came in. Our area has high molybdenum content in the soil, so when the grass came up it made our mineral problems a lot worse. I'm hoping that feeding grass hay through the winter has kept the molybdenum threshold low enough to allow for them to take on a bit extra when our grass comes in. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Thanks for your reply and good luck with kidding season and pasture.   Smile

Messages In This Thread
Mineral deficiency? Or is it toxicity? - by Nanno - 06-06-2017, 01:11 PM
RE: Mineral deficiency? Or is it toxicity? - by EndlessWinter - 02-26-2018, 02:01 PM