John Mionczynski Acid Rain Panniers
[Image: 11342051126_1b006c1dfe.jpg]

When I first saw this pannier design, I was immediately attracted to it because it could haul a lot of bulky items like sleeping bags, tents, poles, etc. Plus, the center if gravity is lower with no top loading, so the load does not swing and sway on the goat, wearing him out.

I got permission from John M. himself to manufacture these again, since no one was doing it and the design had died, so to speak. John used these to haul his acid rain equipment into the rugged Wind River Range. Hence, the name.

We sell these through Northwest Packgoat Supply, and also through my own retail company, Bear River Outfitters.

I got permission from Nanno to post this thread on this forum.

Other pannier designs certainly fill a need and serve a purpose...this is just another one available that is now back on the market.

[Image: 11342046446_765689b34a.jpg]
[Image: 11342107593_323b854af0.jpg]
[Image: 11342070024_d9b358a756.jpg]
[Image: 11342066684_7907ccd516.jpg]
[Image: 11341969455_fffd3d1f4a.jpg]
That is way to organized for me. I mean how do you expect to freeze and starve being that well prepared? Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Can you tell that I was a former mechanical engineer in a previous life? Smile

I used to freeze and starve, but I learned from it! Wink
Those are really nice. I am working on a design for my packs from an altered cross country bike pannier pattern. I hope they come out half as nice as those.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Looks liken a nice sweatshop!Tongue
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
I'll get some when I have a goat big enough.

This year, unless I find another goat, I only have one that is 4 and she's a she. Victoria. I'm making a smaller saddle for her that I'll show off someday.

The acid rain packs are definitely full-size male-only packs hehe.

Sometimes I put Shelby GT in the saddle when I take him on walks, but he's too young to add weight to. Looks damn good in the outfit though!
Ill still be offering up Lincoln for sale. Although not mean, Legion is over barring and Lincoln spends much of the day on the back side of the feeder just so he doesnt have to talk to Legion Smile Every time I go out to their pen I can read it in his face "Dude! Really? Dont you have someone more my age (4.5 years) that you could pen me with?"

Dude...those are so dang cool. Folks, I checked these out VERY thoroughly along with at least a half dozen other designs when I spent a half a day learning from Clay Zimmerman at High Uinta PG's. We spent half that time comparing & contrasting equipment including much of it on packs & panniers. We tried several of them on his goats as well. While there are pros & cons to everything, it's the little things & the materials that make ALL the difference...these have them. (material, construction, zippers buckles, straps to name a few.) Not saying anything about any others, but IMHO, if you are using cross bucks, I think these are some of the nicest on the market if not THE nicest. No Charlie didn't pay me to say that; I may be newer to packgoats, but I'm not to outdoor equipment.

Anyway...putting my money where my mouth is...Charlie I will take 4 sets in red please along with 4 of the John M packs. Let me know when they are ready to pick up.

TOU
Dave, tried to PM you about Lincoln.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
(12-14-2013, 06:06 PM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Dave, tried to PM you about Lincoln.

Got your contact via the website and sent a reply. Let me know that you got it Smile