Must have Medicines, Tools, Ect for your Goats
New here and I would love for you to share your MUST have around! Whether that's medicines, tools, or anything! I want to hear and would love for you to share!
One simple way to accumulate needed supplies for emergency or goat illness is to obtain a good manual on goat health. Dwight recommended a book out of Langston University called Meat Goat Production Handbook. The best field book for goat emergencies is Carolyn Eddies, Goat Field First Aid book. As you move through one or more of these books you get a sense of what you should have around the barn and in the field to be prepared.
Good Luck in your new adventure.
Perfect thanks! Dwite did send me info on the first book you are describing. I will look for the other one too! Thank you!
I think Nancy meant to reply here so I moved her post and your reply. Wink

One "must-have" item we keep at home and take whenever we travel with goats is a thermometer. Taking a sick goat's temperature is often the first step toward figuring out what's wrong. Low temperature usually indicates rumen trouble while high temperature usually means an infection of some kind.
Perfect! Thank you so much! You guys have been so helpful and I truly appreciate that coming into this!