WTB - Adult, Fully Trained, Pack Goat (s)
Hi all - probably a rarity, and an overture only shared by the newbiest of newbs. 

I joined NAGPA and Packgoat Central at the urging of another member. 

I am looking for experienced trail goats for sale/adoption, which I know is both rare and usually the product of culling - so also suboptimal.  That said, waiting four years seems like an eternity so pretty open to anything that comes up and within 10 hours of Southern Oregon.  

I'll be packing my family with young kids so probably can't handle a problem packer, but I'm also not yet that caught up in characteristics that may be unfavorable to other buyers.  An older animal, smaller than standard and small loads, mixed breed, or Doe that can't with too many teets, sterility, etc. and probably many other things that aren't springing to mind not a problem on my end as long as they can scoot down the trail and not knock my family over. 

If you have a trusted old friend who doesn't fit in the herd any longer we're living in what seems like paradise and would have a sweet pasture, little friends to play with, and lots of love and trail to share. 

I can be reached directly at kellysross - Gmail dot com

Happy trails,

Kelly
Hello and welcome! You never know what you'll find until you start looking. While most people hang onto their precious experienced packgoats for dear life, there is always someone who has to sell their good goats for one reason or another. Life throws curve balls at people and packgoats don't always fit into life changes, so definitely keep your eye on the classifieds. Folks around here are pretty good at posting links to Craigslist ads to this site when they come across them. Best of luck to you!
Kelly, where are you located? Do a search on this forum for a goat named Sawyer. He is in Colorado. I would like him for a friend of mine who needs a goat just like him but he is to far away. He is still for sale.
I'm out in Southern Oregon, Ashland. Thanks for the tip - I might be able to make that haul. Worth checking into the least.

Thanks IdahoNancy!

K