Cuzco's Glamour Shot o' the Day
Ditto. Pac-man is a mini Cuzco! I bet he stayed nice and warm!
Cuzco was about done with his cold, so in a rare moment of generosity he gave it to Pac-Man. What a sweetheart!

Pac-Man is still cute, even when he has a snotty nose. But I wiped it for the pictures anyway.

Petunia was loud this morning. Extremely loud. The only thing that could shut her up was a hot date with Pac-Man. Heart

Catch me if you can!

Pac-Man is still getting over that cold Cuzco gave to him, but it didn't seem to discourage him any. Now it will no doubt be passed on to Petunia and will probably cycle through the rest of the girls in due course. Dodgy

Petunia is quite the flirt. She'd wave her little tail at Pac-Man with a come-hither look, but as soon as he looked, she'd smack him then run off giggling and shaking her booty.

I love you now, stay away from me you little creep!

Good thing Nanno has a woman's intuition about these things!

By introducing Nubbin into the mix, jealousy won the day. Nubbin wasn't remotely interested in Pac-Man, and when he tried to sniff her she clamped her tail down and hit him so hard he saw stars, but Petunia wasn't about to stand for any roving eyes in her man! Within two minutes of Nubbin coming into the pen, Petunia jumped in Pac-Man's face and stood to be bred.

Even Cuzco felt romance tingling in the air. He actually butted heads with Lilly, and I don't mean smearing her across the yard. He was actually playing with her! Lilly was happy to play too, but when he stuck his tongue out, blubbed, and swatted her with his front feet, she turned tail and RAN, kicking her hind legs together as if to say "EW, EW, GROSS! OLD MAN STINK! I CAN'T WIPE THE COOTIES OFF!!!"

Lilly declined to play with Cuzco again, but I think Cuzco thought he'd just done something manly and strutted around after that.

"Huh-huh! Yeah, I'm the mac daddy here!"

Most goat breeders I know are aiming to kidding about now, not breeding. What's the rationale behind your scheduling? Because you get snow about now?
Yeah, we have too many snowstorms February - April and I decided I want nothing to do with going out in shirt sleeves to help with kidding in a howling blizzard. Nor do I want to rig up heat lamps or bring wet, shivering kids into my house so they have a chance to dry before their ears freeze off. No winter kiddings for me! I was pleased to have kids in June last year when there was warm sunshine and green grass. The babies could play outside all they wanted instead of being cooped in up in their sheds out of the wind and cold, and moms and babies both got to enjoy the benefits of fresh browse instead of hay. Also, my last year's doe-lings weren't big enough to breed until recently.
Here it doesnt get all that cold but we also dont like to kid to early. Mid Feb. is usually our starting.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Only the meat goat folks here in our area breed for early kids but I think that is a market thing. My does will be due late April to mid May. We will still have freezing nights, sometimes even through June, but at least the days are warmer and snow is only coming down at 4000' and above. On occasion it has snowed clear through to 4th of July but that's rare. At least babies will be old enough to go along on shorter pack trips by the mid to latter summer. Main other problem is I'll be milking 3 girls come Oregon archery season. Haven't quite figured that one out yet.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Today, the stars aligned at the Hassey Household, and love bloomed full and fair between two lost souls who found each other and are now inseparable. Nubbin and Pac-Man were the outsiders, friendless and alone, but not any more.

I have never seen two creatures fall in love so quickly and so completely. There is more than hormones at work here. Nubbin and Pac-Man have been interested in each other ever since he arrived, but they've never been allowed to spend time alone. Now they don't want to be with anyone else. There has got to be a law against this level of cuteness!

I kept the two of them together this morning so they could have their romantic time undisturbed, but even after I let them out to be with everyone else, these two stayed apart, kissing, playing, snuggling, and yeah, switching roles. Blush

Phil and I took just the two of them for a walk with us today. I had to keep at least one of them on a leash at all times or they would stop in the road and stand staring at each other with misty eyes. When we were walking, they pressed so close together it looked as though they were stuck with velcro from nose to tail.

I had been planning to put boys and girls up in their separate pens tonight as usual, but I knew there was no possible way I could pull Nubbin and Pac-Man apart without breaking their hearts (and keeping us awake all night with their despairing cries!). So these two stayed in the "boys' pen" and Cuzco got moved up to the "girls' pen" tonight, and everyone (Cuzco included) seems quite pleased with the arrangement.

Phil and I got home late from game night this evening, and I laughed when I saw Pac-Man's head sticking out of the little Dogloo. I figured Nubbin must have kicked him out of the PolyDome. But as we got closer, Pac-Man emerged from the dog house followed closely by Nubbin. How they managed to squeeze both their bodies into that tiny space is beyond me. It can only be love!
Hehehe I love it.

My Amelia Goat-hart and Shelby GT are half siblings and get along great. They sleep in the same very tiny space, piled on top of each other. As Shelby keeps growing I wonder how this can last. I need to make a new shelter or buy one of those poly domes. At least I know which goats stay warmest in the winter.
You need to write romance novels! I love your descriptions!

Since Nubbins is now bred there's no reason you need to separate them. They can live happily ever after. Big Grin

Will you have Pac-Man wethered once the girls are confirmed bred?
Goatberries Happen!