2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in Lake City, CO - June 15-18
Alice and I will be arriving on Thursday. I'm hoping there's an able bodied person who can volunteer to help me and more importantly Alice to set up our camps. Alice is having trouble with her lungs. At 80 she doesn't bounce like she used to. Any volunteers?
What's the best route from Salt Lake and how long will it take to drive it?
I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who can help you set up camp. Just mention it when you get in and we'll make sure someone gets you going.

It takes about 8 hours from Salt Lake City. The best route is to head down to I-70 east, then in Grand Junction, CO take Hwy 50 east (it starts out going south but technically you're on 50 E). A few miles before you get to Gunnison, head south on Hwy 149 which takes you straight to Lake City. The main route listed on Google maps is pretty good.

Here are directions on how to get from 149 to Snowden Meadow:
http://www.napga.org/wp-content/uploads/...ctions.pdf

Looking forward to seeing you there!
(06-04-2017, 09:09 PM)sweetgoatmama Wrote: Alice and I will be arriving on Thursday. I'm hoping there's an able bodied person who can volunteer to help me and more importantly Alice to set up our camps. Alice is having trouble with her lungs. At 80 she doesn't bounce like she used to. Any volunteers?

I'll be there on Thursday afternoon & can help you set up camp. 

-Ana
Have a nice day, & hug your goats often!   Heart

https://www.instagram.com/eugene.m.stoner.the.goat/ 
Looks like it's shaping up to be a beautiful weekend, and folks are already rolling in. Can't wait to see everybody! The camping area is dry, but watch out for potholes. Bring mosquito repellent for you and your goats!
Oh Man!
I was planning on heading up but i now have work obligations!!!
I'm feeling super bummed but I know you all will have a blast!!!
Post lots of pictures please!!!
I will be waiting patiently for updates!
I am seeing "mini posts" on Facebook about how awesome the Rendy was! I hope lots of folks post here so we unlucky folks who couldn't go get to experience it vicariously through your posts!
Goatberries Happen!
I'm going to post a few pictures without getting into full story telling since I'm too tired from the drive home right now...

This tent is the store in the middle of camp.  What a setting!

Telling some packgoat lore.  John gave several speeches.

We all got to try driving around the field.

The Forest Service guys knew just the job-- Fill some flooded trail, trim branches, and build some bridges over the river.

Work crew's group photo after several hours of seriously productive work.
I had a great time, got to meet John M. Steve (hubby) helped to get the tv/vcr going so everyone could watch John's video. I enjoyed seeing all the people I met before, and new. I loved the pack demonstrations, especially Matt Lyons & Mark's kid packs of which I'll be ordering in a couple of days. John's stories were great and we really had a great time! We also are going to order one of the hand crank machines to do leather and straps with. We shared camp with Herb and his goats and got to babysit his new kid for a while. Nan had it all planned out and I think there was an awesome turnout!
Robin's Third Acre Nigerians
(06-19-2017, 01:04 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: I'm going to post a few pictures without getting into full story telling since I'm too tired from the drive home right now...

This tent is the store in the middle of camp.  What a setting!

Telling some packgoat lore.  John gave several speeches.

We all got to try driving around the field.

The Forest Service guys knew just the job-- Fill some flooded trail, trim branches, and build some bridges over the river.

Work crew's group photo after several hours of seriously productive work.
Robin's Third Acre Nigerians