2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in Lake City, CO - June 15-18
I've got the Rendy schedule done and you can view it here: 

.pdf   Rendy Schedule.pdf (Size: 38.33 KB / Downloads: 2)
We planned out our trip yesterday and decided to take another route to get to CO.  We are not going by Charlie's place any more.  We are going as far as Cortez our first day and spending the night there.  I called KOA first and they wouldn't let me have my goats there but I called Ancient Cedars Campground and she was awesome.  This way we have access to a bathroom and shower before getting to the Rendy.
My doe had kids and they will go to their new home the week we are leaving so my doe will have other things on her mind other than where is my kid?  They have been traveling with us for two years now so they will be fine.
Will see everyone there!
Robin's Third Acre Nigerians
Glad you found a good campground with a hot shower that is ok with goats! Looking forward to meeting you!
Two friends and I are 'planning' to go!! We are from Denver Metro area. Two if us have goats but we won't be bringing our goats. Since it may be a last minute decision, we hope to make it and hope to meet some of you.
Well, took my goats for their health certification today.   Our tattoos in our ears were not legible and my vet re-did them and we're hoping the state of CO agrees with what the vet did.  I did not want the scrapie tags.  They are supposed to call me and let me know when I can pick up paperwork and let me know what CO says about redoing the tattoos.
We had kids in March and they will be going to their new homes before we come to CO, and hoping CO will let the redone tattoos slide by or I guess we won't be coming.  We'll see when my vet gets back to me.  Crossing my fingers!
I think it should be ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! Health certifications last 30 days in Colorado, so I'm glad you didn't do them any earlier. Some states want them within the last two weeks or even ten days!
(05-23-2017, 09:00 PM)Nanno Wrote: I think it should be ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! Health certifications last 30 days in Colorado, so I'm glad you didn't do them any earlier. Some states want them within the last two weeks or even ten days!

Nope, we're good.  I waited until this late because I had no idea of how long it would take, but I got the health certificate and we're good to go now.  I'm getting excited!  My babies will go to their new home before we come and mom will have other things to do other than pine for them.
Actually, you didn't wait until late, you did yours quite early! Many states won't accept a health certificate issued this far in advance. I'm glad your certificate came through! Good luck to your babies in their new homes.
Okay, so next question, we are traveling 600 miles, what necessities should we bring for the goats? I know food, etc. but medical stuff. I am going to give them thiamine before we travel to help calm them. They have traveled 200 miles so far and this will be their longest trip. One thing will be blood stop in case his scur gets knocked off, hoof trimmers so someone can show me if I'm doing it right. But what else should I pack?
Here's a handy-dandy list of things to bring to the Rendy:
http://www.napga.org/wp-content/uploads/...-Bring.pdf

It may not be complete (because I made it up), but it should give you a good idea. Make sure your hay is certified weed free. The BLM will be checking. If you don't have certified weed free, I need to know right away so I can make sure to bring enough and you can buy it from me there. It's $10/bale.

Also, here are the Rendy Rules in case you haven't seen them:
http://www.napga.org/wp-content/uploads/...-Rules.pdf

I'm getting pretty stoked as this approaches!!