2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in Lake City, CO - June 15-18
I'm glad you're going to make it Thirdacre! Lake City is south of Herb's place though, so unless you want a roundabout tour of Utah, your best route from AZ is through Pagosa Springs and over Wolf Creek Pass to South Fork, then northwest through Creede to Lake City. If Google Maps or someone tries to tell you to take Hwy 550 north through Silverton and then over the mountains to Lake City, DON'T BELIEVE THEM! Some maps label it as nothing more treacherous than a "scenic byway" (and that's technically what it is), but it is a 4WD high clearance only road for OHV's. Trailers aren't allowed. If you're in a 4x4 truck without a trailer you could make it, but I wouldn't recommend it for your goats. It's a very rough road and takes as long or longer than going the roundabout way on the pavement. Wink
Not a problem. All I ask is that you listen to my 4 hour presentation on time shares in Ukraine!!! Free Cheetos and root beer for only 8 dollars! Or do you want me to save the bag of cuttlefish and sea-weed crackers and freeze-dried durian that my brother brought back from Malaysia? I was going to eat that soon but it'll keep!

There's plenty of goat space. I can even put up some temp fencing to keep the groups apart for the night. Hopefully they stay up partying all night so they'll actually sleep at the event. I have learned that goats skip sleeping the first night of a trek. They spend the night trying to bug me while I'm in my hammock. Thats when I decided to never let them run loose at night.
(02-15-2017, 09:15 AM)Nanno Wrote: I'm glad you're going to make it Thirdacre! Lake City is south of Herb's place though, so unless you want a roundabout tour of Utah, your best route from AZ is through Pagosa Springs and over Wolf Creek Pass to South Fork, then northwest through Creede to Lake City. If Google Maps or someone tries to tell you to take Hwy 550 north through Silverton and then over the mountains to Lake City, DON'T BELIEVE THEM! Some maps label it as nothing more treacherous than a "scenic byway" (and that's technically what it is), but it is a 4WD high clearance only road for OHV's. Trailers aren't allowed. If you're in a 4x4 truck without a trailer you could make it, but I wouldn't recommend it for your goats. It's a very rough road and takes as long or longer than going the roundabout way on the pavement. Wink

Actually, we were planning on coming up I-15 and across 70 so his place would only be 20-some miles out of the way.  I don't want to drive more than that in a day with them.  Then we were planning on coming back the other route.  We'll see, my hubby usually has the last word.  Also, we have a portable electric fence for them and a goatzebo for their shelter.
Ah, you must be on the extreme west side of AZ then. In that case, I-70 does make more sense.
(02-15-2017, 06:14 PM)Nanno Wrote: Ah, you must be on the extreme west side of AZ then. In that case, I-70 does make more sense.

Yes, we are coming from Kingman, which is 60 miles from the CA border.
Robin's Third Acre Nigerians
Is anyone bringing bottle babies for auction this time? I remember picking up baby Woodstock in 2013's Rendy. What a great guy he's become!

[Image: rendy_13_auction_01.jpg]

I remember baby Bacchus sparring with Rock Star, an auction goat that went to Clay's High Uintas pack goat fleet. I guess he'd be ready to start packing by now! I wonder how he turned out.

[Image: rendy_13_clash_01.jpg]
That would probably be a question for Dwite. Smile

What days are you planning to be there, Charlie Horse? I should be getting the schedule up in the next couple few days. Rough outline is: talks and clinics on Friday, trail work project Saturday morning and afternoon, equipment show and tell late Saturday afternoon, and Uncompahgre climb Sunday morning starting early with a goal to get back early afternoon.
We are planning on stopping for the night at Charlie's just a note ahead of time with my Nigerians. Smile I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm so excited to come!  We have electric fence for my goats and a popup bed for ourselves.  We plan on getting there on Wednesday I think, and leaving there on Thurs. am so we are there for the night before it starts.  I'm hoping someone does hoof trimming again so I can make sure I'm doing mine right.  I've had them for two years and watched a lot of YouTube to learn.  We just had babies the hard way, my doe had one, second got stuck, none of us could get it out.  So on Sunday night we had an emergency C-Section at the vets and the stuck one was dead.  Belly was full of liquid but we found a third inside.  My doe doesn't like #3 since I think she has no idea of where she came from.  She loves the little buckling.  They will be going to their new home right before we come.  I still need to get health permits for them from the vet.
Robin in Kingman, AZ
Just to clarify... you're planning to stay over at Charlie Horse's place Wednesday night and leaving Thursday?

Just want to make sure you're not only staying at the Rendezvous Wednesday night and Thursday because then you'd miss the whole thing!

I don't have any hoof trimming classes in the lineup, but please don't hesitate to ask someone. There will be many knowledgeable people there who have been trimming hooves for years and any one of them would love to take a few moments to go over it with you one-on-one.
(04-21-2017, 09:09 AM)Nanno Wrote: Just to clarify... you're planning to stay over at Charlie Horse's place Wednesday night and leaving Thursday?

Just want to make sure you're not only staying at the Rendezvous Wednesday night and Thursday because then you'd miss the whole thing!

I don't have any hoof trimming classes in the lineup, but please don't hesitate to ask someone. There will be many knowledgeable people there who have been trimming hooves for years and any one of them would love to take a few moments to go over it with you one-on-one.

Yes, staying at Charlie's Wed. night and Thursday heading for Lake City.  I found last year that goat people are the friendliest around, so I will ask about hoof trimming.  I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.