2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in Lake City, CO - June 15-18
Exciting news! I got the go-ahead from the BLM yesterday and we now have an official spot to hold our Rendezvous next June!

For more information, please see: http://www.napga.org/2017/01/05/2017-nap...e-city-co/

See the full schedule here: 
.pdf   Rendy Schedule.pdf (Size: 38.33 KB / Downloads: 1)

Phil and I scouted out a nice shady camping area about five miles outside of Lake City, CO. It has creeks on two sides so water access for goats should be very easy. Here are some photos of the campsite: 

There's a large meadow as you drive in which will provide many camping spots and has a nice campfire area for gathering. 

Headed back toward the wooded camping areas.

Camping spots under the trees.

The meadow from the wooded side looking toward the historic cabin at the entrance.

Looks pretty sweet! wish I would have had time to go to the one here in Idaho last year.....
Matt
Hiking down to the Henson Creek water access which is just on the other side of that intersection at the bottom of the hill. 

This is the view directly behind us, so not a far trek.  

The watering hole. Easy access for people with buckets since goats don't like to get their toes wet. Wink

This waterfall is about one mile above Snowden Meadow on Nellie Creek Road. It is a 4WD access road, but it is very rough so traffic on it is minimal. It makes a nice walking trail after the early morning hikers have already headed to the Uncompahgre trailhead. This would be a good destination for those who want something fairly short and not too strenuous right out of the campsite.   

The Alpine Gulch Trail where I thought we could do our work project is about 2.5 miles easy drive from Snowden Meadow. There are a good half dozen or so creek crossings that always need repair, and there's this deadfall disaster about three miles up that could sure use clearing.  

I was calling around to price out porta-potty rentals in the Lake City/Gunnison area and my Google search came up with "Alpine Pots" as one of the options. I called and the guy was like, "Huh? Potties? No... marijuana. This is a pot shop."

Gotta love Colorado! Big Grin
Alpine Pots! hahaha. Yep gotta love Colorado.
Do you need help? I live in Peyton as you know, which is closer than some for sure.
I'm planning on attending with my family and 3 goats.
Also I'm trying to get my friend Mike to join NAPGA and join us with his 3 goats.

So looking forward to this!

P.S. do you know the cost yet?
Hello Shawn! So glad you'll be able to make it! I saw your comment on napga.org asking about costs. I already replied there, but in case you check here sooner, the cost is FREE! There is a fundraiser auction, so if you have items to donate or if you just bring your checkbook and are ready to buy, you know NAPgA appreciates it. But of course it's not required to bring or buy anything. There are no camping fees for the spot we're using so your only cost is gas to get there and the food you bring.

Thanks for the offer of help. You wouldn't happen to have any folding tables or awnings would you? I'm going to see what I can scrounge up for free from among "the locals" before I pay out money to rent a bunch of stuff. I'm bringing 2 tables but we need 6 or 8 total.

It'll be great if you can bring friends. There has been some concern that this Rendy might be under-attended due to the fact that the majority of goat packing enthusiasts are way up in the northwest. However, I think we can put that worry to rest. If we can get a good turn-out, maybe NAPgA will be able to hold Colorado Rendys more than once every ten years.
Speaking of that, I'd be plenty willing to offer my place in Ferron, UT as a waypoint for anyone traveling to Rendy. I know that having a goat friendly sleepover location is a problem-to-be-solved for some people. Its close enough to I70 that crosses Utah and goes into Grand Juction, CO, and also close to Route 6 (Spanish Fork Canyon, coming from the Salt Lake area) that it'd be right on the way for some people. If several people want to stay, I'll set up the Mongolian Yurt!
Nan,
I have two tables in my garage right now, and I work for a construction company who owns many I can borrow. Many will need tablecloths or something but I'll get a count. I think we have one awning also that I'll snag. Its going to be a fun time!
Charlie Horse, Shawn--you guys are fantastic! Ferron, UT is about 6 hours drive from Lake City, so it would put folks a very nice distance to arrive at the Rendy by mid-afternoon Thursday and get settled before suppertime.

Shawn, we'll be in touch for sure! What size is the awning? Just make sure not to put yourself out. If it's too much stuff to haul across the state with all the goats and family and camping gear, just tell me. I can always rent stuff in Gunnison.
(01-25-2017, 07:42 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Speaking of that, I'd be plenty willing to offer my place in Ferron, UT as a waypoint for anyone traveling to Rendy.  I know that having a goat friendly sleepover location is a problem-to-be-solved for some people.  Its close enough to I70 that crosses Utah and goes into Grand Juction, CO, and also close to Route 6 (Spanish Fork Canyon, coming from the Salt Lake area) that it'd be right on the way for some people.  If several people want to stay, I'll set up the Mongolian Yurt!

We are coming from Arizona and happy that it is closer than Oregon.  We might take you up on a place to stay.  We have our own rolling bed though so just need a spot to park that is goat friendly.  I'm looking forward to it, I had a great time at the last one and my two Nigerians get to come this time!