looking for disbudded obers
My wife and I and our five great kids are looking to get back into pack goats. Its been a few years since we had to sell our last pack string before I went back to school, and now we are back to a place where adding some great goats to our family again is on the agenda. 

Now, I hope I don't sound to picky here, but we have had goats for years, and we know EXACTLY what we are looking for; In particular, we are looking for Oberhasli /French Alpine wethers who were disbudded properly (no unsightly scurs), castrated late, CAE/CL free, and bottle raised from birth. They need to be on the larger size for Obers, at least 30 inches, and have good structure (no dairy hips or week knees), and their hooves need to have been well maintained. They need to be not older than 5-6 years, although I would consider a more seasoned goat for the right price. We would prefer they all come from the same herd, but we will certainly consider individuals if they know how to "play nice with others". We would like at least 2 to be mature and trained packers, but we would consider buying several young ones who still need raised and trained. 

I know this is a lot to ask, and we are prepared to be patient to find the right goats for our family. We are also prepared to travel within 1500 miles of Idaho to pick them up, and are willing to pay a premium for the right goats. So, if you have some great obers that you are thinking of finding a different home, or know of someone who has some, then please get a hold of me. I can say honestly that these goats will not find a better home, where they will be packed more or taken better care of than mine. Also, we are set on gear, as I still have my stuff from before we had to sell our herd a few years back. 

Thanks for reading;

Jake in Idaho
Speaking of Oberhasli I can't help but link to this craigslist ad. With a little surgical alteration this boy could be a formidable packgoat. He looks huge for 1.5 years old, and polled. 
https://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/5820949089.html

Jake I am an de-horned large Oberpacker enthusiast. You are looking for a needle in a hay stack. You may consider a buck like this if his personality is right.
In the pictures below 2 of these boys have passed but we sure had a lot of fun.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-19-2016, 08:41 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: Speaking of Oberhasli I can't help but link to this craigslist ad. With a little surgical alteration this boy could be a formidable packgoat. He looks huge for 1.5 years old, and polled. 
https://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/5820949089.html

Jake I am an de-horned large Oberpacker enthusiast. You are looking for a needle in a hay stack. You may consider a buck like this if his personality is right.
In the pictures below 2 of these boys have passed but we sure had a lot of fun.

Have you had experience with castrating a big goat like that after they have been through a couple breeding cycles? Can their aggressive temperament be toned down with the castration, and can they be trained well?

And by the way, one of your goats in the picture with the you and the several goats looks just like one of my favorite goats I used to have (they could be twins). He too has passed on, but it sure brought back some great memories!!
The goat on the left with the orange collar is Cruiser. He is 8 and still packing despite peculiar hip/back leg movements that do not appear to cause him any pain. He was always my class clown and keeps me laughing. He is what you call an "in your face goat" and since he is tall enough to be in my face sometimes I cannot see what I am doing. He curiosity runs deep. One night it was dark and I did not realize how very close he was, he stuck his tongue in my mouth trying to get a piece of licorice I was chewing on. I laughed so hard I fell over on him.
He grew tall quickly. He tried once to walk between my knees like he did when he was little shorter. He got half way under me, knocked me off balance and I fell over on him. He walked away with me on his back before I figured the only way off was to roll to the ground.
One thing about these big Obers, I don't think their joints last as long as the smaller 190lbs goats.
Crusier is 226lbs at 38in tall. Scout in the blue weighed 270lbs and was 39inches tall. They all have had joint problems. Hobbs lived over 10 years but he was slim with the tall wide dairy like hips that gave out on him.
I was also looking for some large Obers to go with my awesome alpines. I finally found a farm that raises large obers in Moses Lake, WA. Linda has a large buck named Earl out of the Sento line, which is where you get the size. She has a facebook page Circle 33 Packgoats (Nanno just let me know if it's not ok to post that here and I will remove it). I picked up a doe and buck out of Earl this spring and he is awesome. Very gentle and big. I can't wait to see how he grows out. I left horns on mine, but Linda dehorned several. I don't think she has any seasoned packers as she runs a dairy, but had a lot of big kids sold as pack goats. I'm keeping my fingers crossed mine get as big as Nancy's! Good luck!
Taffy called Linda in Moses Lake yesterday. She has 5 - 8 month old disbudded Ober boys. My boys had come from the same breeder as Earl.
Well it sounds like I need to get a hold of her there in WA and see if she will part with a few of those 8 month olds. Thanks for the help!
You cant go wrong with Linda's goats. Well worth the trip to get em
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Does anyone have a good way to contact Linda about her Obers there in Moses Lake?
Igoat, if you pm me your phone number I can pass it on to her.