Faith

I had Faith euthanized today. She was diagnosed by the vet with a mild case of clostridium perfringes C&D on February 24th at 2 weeks of age. Her dam, Poppy, had her CD&T vaccine at the correct time prior to kidding.
Goatberries Happen!
I'm so sorry to hear that, she was a beautiful girl.
Oh, poor baby. I'm so sorry for your loss. Give your other babies an extra hug in memory of Faith.
Sorry for your loss Taffy. She was a good looking doeling.
Thats just terrible. A top notch goat too. I'm getting the feeling that goats arent much better than horses when it comes to self-destruct sudden deaths. Dont lose faith (cough). Keep your life full of goats. In 20 years 99.999% of the life forms on the planet will have passed. This doesn't mean that 20 years in the future earth is a wasteland. There are replacements that equally wonderful that will show up. I find the best way to feel better about a lost critter is to give another one a chance.
Taffy

Saw your post this morning. Keep your chin up and drive on. Next spring will bring new surprises with hoofs. Our thoughts are with you.

"Long Live The Pack Goat"
Curtis King
Post like this always remind me of a doe kid I lost a few years ago. By far the best kid ever produced here and the best color to top it off. But as we breeders know, it just happens. And as Curtis said, always going to be a next spring to bring new hope.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Just went through losing a sweet little buckling at 5 weeks. So sorry you went through losing that darling little doeling.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Sorry for the loss of your buckling. It's not easy.

I have to milk Poppy now because Emma can't keep up with her milk production. Poppy is Alpine and comes from great milk lines. Guess I'll make cheese! Smile

I still have 4 doelings that are keeping me entertained.

(03-29-2014, 11:09 AM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Just went through losing a sweet little buckling at 5 weeks. So sorry you went through losing that darling little doeling.
Goatberries Happen!