New goat pasture
I still have to finish the fence, but I rented a skid loader over the weekend, did some grading, then started a rock mound for our new goats to play on. I made it so there are two different levels, big boulders, and some dead snags to beat up and jump on. I still need to add more boulders but you get the idea. I hope they get some fun time on it, and also let the rocks help wear their hooves down a bitBig Grin

[img][Image: 20140321_1458051.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140324_1200341.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140324_1200461.jpg][/img]
Love it! Your goats are going to have a blast on that dirt pile!
I had an even bigger dirt pile. My goats have trampled it to half the original height.
Looks like they're in for some funSmile
I can testify to that Charlie. We make the poo piles just as tall as we can. At least 12 feet tall. By the next year, they are maybe 3 feet high.

Nebs, I think you idea of putting concrete on it might be a good idea. That or make it 3 times larger with mostly a rock base underneath Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Awesome job! They are going to LOVE it!

(03-24-2014, 01:08 PM)nebs Wrote: I still have to finish the fence, but I rented a skid loader over the weekend, did some grading, then started a rock mound for our new goats to play on. I made it so there are two different levels, big boulders, and some dead snags to beat up and jump on. I still need to add more boulders but you get the idea. I hope they get some fun time on it, and also let the rocks help wear their hooves down a bitBig Grin

[img][Image: 20140321_1458051.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140324_1200341.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140324_1200461.jpg][/img]
Goatberries Happen!
Thanks guys. The two flat tops will have about four inches of concrete, then the rest covered with boulders. I thought it would be best to not have any exposed dirt by the time it is done.
I have a 30' tall dirt hill in one of my goat pens. It was a pile we had from excavating for our farm mechanic shop and what better way to use it than to incorporate it into the goat pen! They love to race up and down it and stand above each other to head butt. Yes, even does love to play!

It's not nearly as fancy as what you are creating. Your goats are going to have a ball and so are you. Goats are the best mental health therapy on earth!

(03-24-2014, 08:52 PM)nebs Wrote: Thanks guys. The two flat tops will have about four inches of concrete, then the rest covered with boulders. I thought it would be best to not have any exposed dirt by the time it is done.
Goatberries Happen!
A little progress. I try to add a few boulders everyday. You can kind of see the two platforms on top that I will eventually concrete over. Not only should it hope with erosion and keeping hooves worn down, but hopefully they like warming up in the sun on it.

[img][Image: 20140327_125619.jpg][/img]
Ah, starting to look like a proper goatie toy Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)