Goat Color
(03-27-2014, 09:43 AM)deschutes dawn Wrote: I will be making manties out of some orange or pink camo to use on my gang this fall. Luckily bow hunters need to have a decent view of their shot but still doesn't mean they know the difference between a goat and an elk if the color is right. I've noticed intelligence isn't a prerequisite to getting a hunting license. My ober boy looks a bit like an elk if all you see is parts of him in the brush. Neon orange collars with name tags are a must for me too. I don't even ride my horses in certain areas during our rifle season without a bell and bright flagging tied on them.

That is wisdom, it needs to be.

I had a nice Hawken .54, gave it to my son. Between the rifle and bow and what my son got the freezer is as full as it can be. Anyone want any WT skins? Still got some packed in salt in barrels. I like buckskins to wear, NOT during deer season ! Anyhow, could bring several to the Rendy. It takes 3-4 for a shirt, 2 for good moccasins.

In the FWIW department I put on Craigslist an ad looking for rural place in Custer, Lewiston or Clearwater Countys. We'll see what can be. I like close to Natl Forest, not townhouses etc etc.

Tons of city and suburb places listed, few and far between on the rural places. And of them I dont need ones with 5 bedrms.

I will probably also put one on for SE Wa. Between Lewiston and Walla Walla. When I come out to the Rendy I will also be scouting, got most all of July to look. Then if find the right place scoot back here and load up a big uhaul trailer.

We shall see what can be.

Life goes on.

Jake

Mikado, MI
My La Mantia cross Alpine looks a lot like a deer. Color is probably my last criteria in choosing a goat. There are always things they can wear like coats etc. in hunter orange.

Nancy, I sent you a personal message asking about your GPS tracking collar. But it would probably benefit everyone to know what kind you are using. They range in price from about $279 up to about $700. If I were running hounds I might opt for a more expensive version but for one animal the cheaper one would probably be adequate. Even the cheaper one has a supposedly range of 7 miles. That is a long way for a goat to wander off.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.