2014 NAPgA Rendy
Thats great Charlene, maybe he would. Any auctioneer can get it done but a good one brings in the money ! I've worked with both kinds as a ring spotter.
If we have one it also needs to be for fun.

I am clicking the days off.

Jake

Mikado, MI
Have started to advertise the remaining few prospects and if we have any left by the time the rendy comes, will bring them along to see if they can find some peeps to go home with Smile Be warned, Ill be teaching them how to give puppy dog eyes! Smile hehe

Just wanted to give a heads up as the ad will start showing up pretty much all over Oregon, Southern WA and Northern CA. I put a picture of Legion and his mama on there so you guys should know its me Smile That is if the web addy didnt give it away first Tongue
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
The comment period for the Blue Mountain Forest Plan has been extended until August 15. This needs to be a topic of discussion at the Rendezvous. We all need to comment if we want to have legal standing in this process:
BAKER CITY, OR - The time to comment on the Blue Mountains National Forests Proposed Revised Land Management Plan and Draft Environmental Impact Statement has been extended by 60 days; deadline for submitting comments is now August 15th. Regional Forester Kent Connaughton approved the extension in order for the public to have time to review the extensive document and submit comments.

From Malheur, Umatilla, and Wallowa-Whitman National Forests:
The Proposed Revised Forest Plan and DEIS became available for review on March 14, 2014 for a minimum 90-day comment period. The 90-day comment period was originally set to end on June 16, 2014, as identified in the federal register (https://federalregister.gov/a/2014-05674); however is now extended to August 15, 2014. The intent is to have the Extension of the Comment Period notice posted in the Federal Register on April 25, 2014.

The comment period is an opportunity for the public to be involved in the decision making process, to offer thoughts on alternative ways the Forest Service can accomplish what is proposed, and to comment on the agency’s preferred alternative and analysis. Input provided by the public will help determine management direction for the final Forest Plans.

The Proposed Revised Land Management Plan (commonly known as a Forest Plan) and Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) covers the Malheur, Umatilla, Wallowa-Whitman National Forests, and a portion of the Ochoco National Forest (Blue Mountains National Forests).

A Forest Plan is a document that guides land management decisions (project or site-specific level planning) for a period of about 15 years. The Forest Plan is strategic in nature and does not approve projects or actions on National Forest System (NFS) lands; for example it does not close specific roads, trails, or areas – further NEPA and public engagement is required on these types of site-specific level decisions.

Interested parties may submit comments in a variety of ways. The Forest Service encourages the public to use the electronic system for submitting comments, which is available at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/BlueMountain...onComments. Comments may also be submitted in writing to: Blue Mountain Plan Revision Team, P.O. Box 907, Baker City, OR, 97814 or faxed to 541-523-6392. Comments received, including names and addresses of those who comment, will become part of the project record and are available for public review. It is the responsibility of the persons providing comments to submit them by the close of the comment period (August 15, 2014) and ensure their comments have been received.

The DEIS and Proposed Revised Forest Plan can be downloaded from the Blue Mountains Forest Plan Revision website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/BlueMtnsPlanRevision. Printed copies and/or compact discs (CDs) are available upon request by emailing: bluemtnplanrevision@fs.fed.us, or by calling 541-523-1302 or 541-523-1246; and also available to read at local libraries and Forest District Offices.
Well, life goes on, but, again the Rendy is a definite maybe for me, we'll see, health issue. If it can be resolved by then I will be there. Time will tell.

Jake

Mikado, MI
(02-01-2014, 11:45 AM)Dwite Sharp Wrote: Charlene I want to thank you for stepping foreward and taking on the 2014 NAPgA Rendy. The area you've choosen sounds "Great". I also would like to thank the individual in SE Washington who also offered to host this years Rendy. Thank you.

Again, Paradise Ranch Packgoats will bring an assortment of purposely breed Packgoat kids to the Rendezvous to be auctioned off with "ALL" the proceeds going to NAPgA. These Kids are not culls or second choices, but the "Cream of the Crop". Ask Larry Robinson about the two he has. Carolyn Eddy bought two at the Washington Rendy, Clay Zimmerman bought four last year, Kent Daniel & Charlie Horse each bought one as have several others. We sold four to Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus last Oct. If you are looking for the "Good Stuff", this is it ! We have been breeding Packgoats purposely for 16 years using the top genetic in this country. We have 7 different breeds and over a half dozen hybrids. Our tallest at present is over 41" at the withers and a little short of 300 lbs.

So if you are looking for the the "Good Stuff" and would like to help NAPgA fight for "YOUR" right to take your packgoats where you wish, then here you go, "ALL" the proceeds from "ALL" the packgoat sales from Paradise Ranch Packgoats goes directly to NAPgA. We will also deliver pre-sold kids to the Rendy. All kids brought to the Rendy for the Auction will Have horns. If you want one disbudded that must be done at an early age and should be prearranged well in advance. Paradise Ranch's "All Wether Marching Band" is an all horn group.

Place your order or take your chances at the auction, but remember your dollars invested will give you years of happiness and help NAPgA stand up for "YOUR" rights !

Next, Why are some of you not members of NAPgA ?
Support the "ONLY" orginization that is supporting GOATPACKING, NAPgA, join today ! Step up to the plate, take a swing !

Why are we all on this forum ? ( Nanno & Phil, Thank You so much )
It's several reasons, but the biggest one is to gather more knowledge about our beloved packgoats. And we know anyone can post an opinon on a forum. So not all views are factual, some are quite far from it. So thats why we have "GOAT TRACKS" magazine. If you're looking to gain knowlege about Goatpacking with a far higher persentage of factual information, then you really need to support the only Goatpacking magezine there is . If you havn't already subscribed, do it now, you will not be sorry !

Enough of my Ramblings, I hope to see many new faces at this years Rendezvous, it will be a gorgeous drive from Kansas.

Dwite & Mary Sharp
Paradise Ranch Packgoats

You all are awesome Sharps!

Thx for supporting the NAPgA 214 Rendezvous, NAPgA legal fund & quietly being involved in supporting PackGoats in general for such a long time!

Kudos to you,

Ken

P.S. You all really need to think about an official website. Wink
Thank you, Dwite. As soon as the central Oregon Goat Jamboree is over I can concentrate completely on the rendy. I'm presenting the Packing 101 class and we are all going to be talking about the packgoat bans. I will definitely try to get some new NAPgA members and stress how this would affect us here in recreation heaven for hikers.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]