2014 NAPgA Rendy
140 bucks to LOOK at a goat and see its ok??? Wow I would call him out, ask him to give an exact break down of the charge. Is he a pet vet? Any chance to find another one? That is not only robbery but down right disrespectful.

On a side note, I wouldnt even bother if that was the case.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I think that's the going rate if you don't live in farm areas. And that's me taking my goats into the vet.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Whoa, that's more than a horse call would be! Man, I'm glad I live in a farm area and have an experienced goat vet. My horse vet didn't charge that much to come out after hours on a frigid night to, unfortunately, put down a horse.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
And that was if I took the goats to him, a 60 mile or so round trip. I live 23 miles or so northeast of Boise in the foothills. All animal care providers live on the west end of the Treasure valley. One time, one of my boys cut his foreleg about 2-1/2 hours into the mountains east of Boise. By the time I found someone to do sutures I was on the Oregon border. I'm not sure how many miles that covered, but probably by the time I got home I'm thinking it was 200 or so. I just live on the wrong end of the valley here. Sad

(02-13-2014, 08:35 PM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Whoa, that's more than a horse call would be! Man, I'm glad I live in a farm area and have an experienced goat vet. My horse vet didn't charge that much to come out after hours on a frigid night to, unfortunately, put down a horse.
I see that I have been way behind times since the board meeting where we decided on Bend Oregon. I have been waiting and waiting on hearing what the date would be and it has been driving me crazy! Plus my pack goat club members and my pack goat 4hers keep asking me for updates! I know my computer has been down for quite awhile now, but I had been using my husbands lap top. If anything was posted to the yahoo packgoats list, I must have missed it. I just joined this forum today hoping for info, and boy, i hit the jack pot, lol! Bad thing is I just attended our dairy meeting Saturday, and I signed up to bring a few show does and agreed to be a handler at this clubs ADGA Judges Training Class we are putting on for that same weekend. BUUUUTTTT since I am not into showing that much, I will see if I can renig on it. I want to go to RENDY!!!! I have a new computer now, yay! Just got it hooked up last night, so I can be online again when ever I want Smile
Debbie Luzier
Debbie Luzier
http://mountainviewpackgoats.weebly.com
goingnutsmom01@gmail.com
I'll bring the watermelon for the potluck dinner Saturday night and some extra for a good refreshing snack after Friday or Saturday afternoon hiking. I brought Watermelon for everyone to the Idaho Rendy in 2011 and again to the Ranger Creek Rendy in WA, 2012. There is not a single kid alive that does not like watermelon including this big kid. Looks like Ive started a tradition so I'll keep at it. Hermiston Oregon Watermelon is the best on the planet.

What a great way to kick off the hiking season. Im working on getting my Vet certification and USDA scrapie tags for all my boys so I can bring them into Oregon. Spent a half hour on the phone today with the Oregon Department of AG and then another half hour with the USDA office for Washington and found out that a tatto number in the ear is sufficient for the scrapie tag so I dont half to poke a hole in the ear of my goats and look at a silly tag for the rest of their life. My goats are very handsome with their God given horns and my boys WILL NOT BE WEARING EARINGS. Enough said.

" Long Live The Pack Goat"
Curtis King
Nice work on the research Curtis but I coulda saved you some time Smile Matt has all the paperwork and info on vet checks and has done them for us before in the past. Ill make a post and see if the locale peeps cant come up with a good date to have Matt over here. That is if anyone is interested in hauling em over here or just pay Matt the extra farm call fee.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
[quote='Dave-Trinity-Farms' pid='1260' dateline='1392874307']
Nice work on the research Curtis but I coulda saved you some time Smile Matt has all the paperwork and info on vet checks and has done them for us before in the past. Ill make a post and see if the locale peeps cant come up with a good date to have Matt over here. That is if anyone is interested in hauling em over here or just pay Matt the extra farm call fee.

That sounds great Dave. I sent Matt a text messg about this process. If we could get enough people out to your place in one day maybe we could make it worth his time and effort to get everyone checked and certified. Sounds like the Vet has to call the AG office and they issue the permit number over the phone, and yout Vet simply writes the number on the Import Permit and issues three copies. 1 to the AG office, 1 to the goat owner and 1- for the Vet for records??????
Good thing Cuzco won't be there, cuz now my boys will be the most amazing goats there.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
Hey, hey there Joe! Those had better be pretty amazing goater boys because mine will be there too!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]