HAY FEEDERS
Im looking at purchasing a new portable hay feeder for my heard that is now up to six. Ive got it narrowed down to three feeders that are made for mini horses, Lama, Sheep or Goats. I will build my own rain cover to go over it out of 4x4 posts and lumber and cover with metal siding so it matches my shop and other outbuildings.

One is built with the 4x4 inch welded wire to hold the hay and the other is the vertical bars spaced 4 inches apart. They both have the nice galvanized feed tray under the hay rack and are self standing. Galvanized welded out of pipe including the lower feed tray they should last forever.They are heavy duty and well built.

QUESTION ???? for those out there with experience with Pack Goats with big horns. The 4x4 inch wire panel feeder will hold the hay tighter and be less waste, but the virtical bar(four inches apart)feeder will be easier for those big horns to navigate and then I wont see so much nose rubbing marks on those big handsome faces.

My current feeder made from a bed rail mounted inside a nice big wooden box with a lid has vertical bars about five inches apart. I had placed a cattle panel behind the rail to hold the hay tighter.Secured the cattle panel with aluminum wire ties. Today I removed the cattle panel because the poor boys keep rubbing all the hair off their noses. For details go to the Lazy JV Ranch website at www.lazyjvranch.com. Im looking at the four foot heavy duty feeder item number GFHD4 wire panel and the GFHD4B BAR Rack feeder. Both are $269.00 plus shipping.

Need to get the right one. Dont want to make a poor decision. Any thoughts out there???

"Long Live The Pack Goat'

Curtis King
I'm using the 5' Behlen Hay Rack which I mounted on 3' long 6" x 6" posts for stability. I cut a wire panel to fit inside each side of the feeder then wired it in. Here's a picture of the feeder. http://www.behlencountry.com/index.aspx?...duct&i=711

They come in different lengths and look a lot like what you are looking into. I bought mine at Blehyl in Pasco.

None of my goats have horns but the feeders work great. A lot less waste than anything else I've come up with so far.

You're welcome to come look at mine.
Goatberries Happen!