NOOO!!!!!!!!
NOOOO!!!!! Not yet!  My goats are beginning to grow their winter coats!  his morning I could smell fall in the air.  Summer CAN'T be coming to a close so soon!  NOOOO!!!!!
Goatberries Happen!
I'm both sad and relieved that summer is winding down. I LOVE the cooler temperatures and we've been getting some nice rains this month so we're greening back up again. I'm also enjoying a less hectic schedule now that Saddle Club season is almost over and most of my riding students are back in school. But it went by way too fast and I'm not ready to start cutting and stacking firewood! I'm also not ready for all the upcoming goat shows whose entry deadlines flew by without notice. Now I'll have to pay late fees. Oh well. C'est la vie.
We didn't have summer at all: rain, rain, near freezing one morning (in August!). So the goats have already added some layers to their coat. And now we get temperatures in the low/middle 80s and the goats already in autumn coats.

So, no hiking at the moment, waiting for it to cool down again. First it was waiting for the horse flies to disappear and now for the temperatures to drop. I figure, with the crazy weather this year we will have snow next.
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

I would be sad to see summer go as well but the fishing was so bad this year, I am so ready for hunting season!
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Hey, Dave, maybe you didn't spit on the hook correctly!   Tongue  My sons have been catching some delicious bass and walleye this year on the Columbia and Snake rivers.
Goatberries Happen!
I am so over winter this year ... at my end of the world the winds have been bitterly cold and although we have had such a lot of rain and our dam is nearly overflowing (it had dried up completely last Christmas), I am very pleased that Spring is in the air and the days are getting longer. Our goats are feeling it too - all that funny sideways frolicking they do when I first let them out into the paddock in the mornings is a lovely sight. Now we just need some warmth to get the grass growing well.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
I need to go winter down under!

Ya the big rivers have been good. The yak, terrible.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)