Canyon County Fairly
My awesome daughter got Division champ at the fair this past week in the pack goat division!
Matt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Good Job
hihobaron
This is just great! Good for her! I see she's got two blue ribbons. What were the classes? I'd love to hear the details!
1st is the blue ribbon, the bid one says division champion.
Matt
Did they do an obstacle course or obedience test, or was it judged on turnout? All of the above? How many in the class? Inquiring minds want to know!
So there were 5 in her class, 6 with her, she got 4th with one and 1st with the other, they so a obstacle coarse with water, brush, tires, cone's, gate, they are judged on obedience and how well they follow the handler, they are also judged on tying the goat up and saddling them. They also judge on knowledge of there animal they are showing. I'd be happy too answer anymore question's, we may need a judge for the Pack goats at the Canyon County Fair next year if any of you would be interested in that?
Matt
Awesome! Thanks for the details. I'm planning to make a post in the near future with photos and descriptions of some of the obstacles I've seen/done in the past at various events. I love seeing different people's ideas and I'm sure others do too.

I'd love to judge but it's too far for me! Your daughter's packgoat is pretty, by the way.
(08-09-2016, 10:05 AM)Nanno Wrote: Awesome! Thanks for the details. I'm planning to make a post in the near future with photos and descriptions of some of the obstacles I've seen/done in the past at various events. I love seeing different people's ideas and I'm sure others do too.

I'd love to judge but it's too far for me! Your daughter's packgoat is pretty, by the way.

That particular pack goat is my 2nd in command(Mr. Bill) for my pack string of 3 he is 28 months, she has a dehorned wether(Prince) that she showed also, he is young about 15 months old and he placed 4th outta 5, we thought he was going to do better than what he did, oh well she is already looking forward too next year!
Matt