Got artistic with a new sawbuck saddle
Photo 
Greetings, everyone. I've got two young pack goats in training and just bought my first sawbuck saddle From NW Pack Goats. It looked a little plain when I got it, though, so I decided to dress it up.

[Image: QfluzZm.jpg]
All the work was done by hand with a pyrography iron (wood burner).

[Image: bFQTtR7.jpg]
These are Norse runes of the type used in Norway and Sweden around the 10th century. These runes read 'Tanngrisnir' and 'Tanngnjóstr', the names of the goats who pulled Thor's chariot in Norse mythology. I'm pretty sure I spelled one or both of these wrong in the runes, which is why I don't have any tattoos.

[Image: kBpRk4t.jpg]
on the other side, the runes read 'Victory' and 'Coconut', the names of my goats.

Sadly, most of the work is covered by the straps when it's all loaded up, but it's still pretty cool.
So cool! Very nice work! My mother-in-law would love it. She's totally into and Celtic knots. I love the reference to Thor's goats. They are partly what inspired us to train two of our goats to pull a wagon this year.

You and Charlie Horse need to talk! This was his project a few years ago: http://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/sh...hp?tid=216

Welcome to Packgoat Central by the way!
Yeah its awesome. Im surprised that there arent more awesome artsie saddles out there. Unfortunately the bags cover most of the saddles once they're in use!
(07-22-2016, 03:17 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Yeah its awesome.  Im surprised that there arent more awesome artsie saddles out there.  Unfortunately the bags cover most of the saddles once they're in use!

As a matter of fact, it was your awesome saddle that inspired me to do this. I anticipated the bags covering the lower part, so I did the art kind of high up on the crossbars...and as a result, the straps cover most of the art. No winning, it seems.
Hello All
Great Art work,
I can fix things /build things but I envy people that can create ART like you do.
The only way I could do art would be to take the White  Boys to a Birthday Party and let kids finger paint them Smile
Give me a camera and some software, I can do fair. But what both of you do is ART.
Happy Trails
hihobaron, Blizzard. Fuzzy, Pete,Sam and the Troops in SC