Brief Intro from CO
Hi my name is Steve and I'm in Monument, CO ...been packing for about 10-yrs although lately I've not done much packing but instead lots of goat hikes to keep us ALL in shape! 

My 2-boys are Boo (a 4-yr French Alpine ...he's my replacement for Rooster goat who died unexpectedly 2-years ago) and Peanut who's going on 11yrs old now and truly a wise old Ober who's very trail savvy ...he's been on top of ten 14ers (FYI 14ers are 14,000ft mountains) here in CO. 

I was active in the original Yahoo packgoat group, then the GoatSpot and now here guessing this is now the goat packer's watering hole? Trying to follow the herd ...hard to keep track of where all the goat packers wander off to. 

Cheers, Steve, Boo and Peanut
Meet Boo & Peanut: https://youtu.be/HontgpiCj60 
Monument, CO
I remember you! Can't remember from where, but I remember you! I also remember when Rooster died (so sorry!). Peanut is an awesome goat (I've watched some of your videos).

I'm only 1 1/2 hours south of you in Rye. Maybe we should get together sometime!
Welcome!
I have loved your videos also and am envious of ham radio knowledge. Being an operator is on my to do list.
IdahoNancy and the Oberpackers
Hi, I just saw a picture you posted on FB of Rooster and Peanut on a 14er trip. That was cool. I am in Golden CO and had just connected with someone in Lakewood CO. We are interested in getting together to form Denver Metro pack goat group. --Eliza
(08-17-2015, 03:26 PM)Nanno Wrote: I remember you! Can't remember from where, but I remember you! I also remember when Rooster died (so sorry!). Peanut is an awesome goat (I've watched some of your videos).

I'm only 1 1/2 hours south of you in Rye. Maybe we should get together sometime!

Absolutely! Goat spot Maybe? Too many forums to track and keep track of username/passwords for all my hobbies, passions etc.   Shy
(10-15-2015, 08:49 PM)Catahoula Wrote: Hi, I just saw a picture you posted on FB of Rooster and Peanut on a 14er trip. That was cool. I am in Golden CO and had just connected with someone in Lakewood CO. We are interested in getting together to form Denver Metro pack goat group. --Eliza
Eliza let me know when u guys get going ...be glad to share my packgoat exploits. Most of what I've learned I owe to my wife who's been around horses since she was a child. Animal husbandry works across species or so it seems.    ...Steve
Are you still around, Steve? We'd love to get ahold of you sometime. We're having a packgoat Fun Day here in Rye on July 23rd and it would be awesome if you could make it! I hear there is also going to be a packgoat class at the State Fair this year. I'll have to look into that and see what I can find out. Would be awesome if we could get a good turnout!
Hello goatsRfun/Steve
I have run through your Gotasota videos on You Tube
Have prepper friends in NM that sent me a copy of ARRL Magazine with you as a major article with the goats. Smile
I have radio background and am working to bring up/train up my 2 older boy's and start doing some real packing here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in South Carolina. Have had 4 trail hikes to test the water, for the most part people on the trail and dogs have been good. You can read about that under the thread "Truck Chasing Goats"
My friends in NM are ham operators.
I have always had ham friends, did know CW at one time and like the low power idea you use.
I have too many spare parts to hike the high ranges now or get through a airport I figure. (Titanium Implants) Sad
But my plan here is to Goatafy as many "City Folk" as I can on the trails for hikers Smile

If any thing when I go ham it would probably be 2 Meter or SSB low power portable.
I do still have a nice LW receiver I fire up to "listen with" though.
Feel free to QRL or give me a poke any time. This is a good time to find me online I am EST. Also usually logged in by about 6 AM , Have stock to take care of early while it is cool.

Welcome
hihobaron Blizzard,Fuzzy,Pete, Sam and the Troops in South Carolina