WANTED PACKGOAT(S)
I am in search of packers. Willing to travel and pay whats needed for the right boys or boy. I would prefer to buy someone's entire string rather than one of their "culls" that being said I know a few people on here that I would take there "worst" goat any day of the week. I am looking for horned weathers, 2 years of age or older. I can guarantee an amazing home for them where every year they get to work hard at what they love.

I recently had 8 goats expecting to "cull" one or possibly two out. I sold two here recently due to size alone. I had 6 goats as of two days ago and as of yesterday 6/29/16 I had one of my best goats die. What were the chances the week before I sold my other 2 smaller goats thinking my 6 would be enough. Well now I am down to 5 goats one of which is only 1.5 years old and wont really be packing this year. As for my goat who passed away I am not sure what happened, my best guess is urinary calculi...or my least favorite answer to his death is I had recently made them bright orange 1.5inch wide collars my guess would be one of the other goats got their horn stuck into the collar...I hope that is not the case but for precaution those collars are only going to be used on the trail now.

509-339-5512-Chase
Location NE Nevada
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Have you thought about having a necropsy done? That way you would have some answers that could help other goats in the future if it were something preventable. Don't beat yourself up over it. Accidents happen, and it may not have been the collar at all. If you want to keep collars on them at home (like I do), you can make them with a weak spot such as a plastic snap or a piece of leather so that the will break in an emergency, but you still have something to grab them by and hang ID tags from.

I hope you find the goat(s) you're looking for soon. I'll keep my ears open.
(06-30-2016, 10:19 AM)Nanno Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Have you thought about having a necropsy done? That way you would have some answers that could help other goats in the future if it were something preventable. Don't beat yourself up over it. Accidents happen, and it may not have been the collar at all. If you want to keep collars on them at home (like I do), you can make them with a weak spot such as a plastic snap or a piece of leather so that the will break in an emergency, but you still have something to grab them by and hang ID tags from.

I hope you find the goat(s) you're looking for soon. I'll keep my ears open.

Thanks Nanno, I appreciate your advise. I do have other collars that break when under pressure like that, the goats had just broke another collar last week so I decided I would put there new fancy collars on which was Monday morning. I am going to stick to the cheap ones and let them break them all they want at home and put the heavy duty ones on for the back country...then I can sleep better at night knowing it wont be the collar that kills them. Thanks for keeping your ears open I really appreciate it. Hopefully between the pack goat family we can help find some goats for me.
I wish you wanted babies. I've got three Alpine boys and one Alpine/Nubian available this year and they all look like they'll turn out good, but of course it's going to be awhile before they're ready.
So sad! I have a doe that might work... She is three and needs to be a packer. Has horns and has been with me since she was 4 days old (bottle baby)... Special needs is why she has to be a packer only. Perfectly healthy, just can't be a breeder. Super sweet though (LOVES people)!
Promoting Oberhasli, For The Love of The Breed
Proverbs 27:27
Kids Available!
http://onioncreekoberhaslis.weebly.com