In memory of Sasha
I had to put Sasha down today due to probably liver cancer causing internal bleeding.  There was no realistic treatment that I could afford or that would leave her as a happy dog again.  She was ten years old, and most options, if they extended her life at all, would leave her in pain and most likely would result with more cancer spreading anyhow.  I kinda knew something was starting to go wrong with her and I was going to take her in for a checkup, but she really crashed last night and I got her to the vet pronto.  I didn't really have much time to see this coming, but I feel like its OK.  She had a great life with an awesome home and yard and fields, a "job" of harassing horses at feeding time, people that loved her, awesome camping and hiking adventures, she had puppies once, and a feeling of belonging.  Other than a couple extra years, she had it all.  I'm going to post a few of my favorite pictures.

[Image: rendy_13_sasha_01.jpg]
Sasha at the '13 Rendy

[Image: sasha_03.jpg]
Striking a pose!

[Image: sasha_lake_01.jpg]
German Sheps are water dogs for sure. 

[Image: timp_14_03.jpg]
Two years ago at the top of Timpanogos

[Image: climbing_baldy_01.jpg]
Mount Baldy in the Uintas.

[Image: sasha_cactus_01.jpg]
Certain friends of mine know how to make friends with Sasha- Treats!
Sasha always loved my mechanic friend Gordie and Cactus Dan of the West (seen above)

[Image: 135_camp_sasha_01.jpg]
Last October's big trip.  She was getting older and she got sore and stiff after the first day. 
I was afraid that this year I'd have to start leaving her home.  In the end I never once left her home.

[Image: 105_window_relaxing_01.jpg]
An adventuring friend.  But also more or less the perfect dog in many other ways.  She was trustworthy.

[Image: srs_may_07.jpg]
Taking the lead.  Sasha knew where we were going and she was going to make sure it was safe.

[Image: wild_sasha_small_01.jpg]
Three years ago, I think.
[Image: rain_06.jpg]
She had some hard nights on this trip due to the rain and goats not sharing dry space.
I bought her a coat for those cold nights. Never had a chance to use it though.

[Image: uinta_summer_13_boat_01.jpg]
She wasn't really in to this crazy boat idea.

[Image: uinta_summer_13_glacier_bed_01.jpg]
Above Ruth Lake. Did I mention we had adventures together?

She's going to be very hard to replace. She was so sweet she'd even let my parrots sit on her. She ran loose a lot and got away with it because she was so mellow. I buried her in the horse field that she watched over for 10 great years. Bye Sasha.
Charlie Horse
You have my Condolences and all the critters from here.
I had GS for years and did much the same thing as you (Took her everywhere)
"Trouble" spent many hours with my horses on the trail with me.
Her Hips finally went out.
============================================

The Rain Bow Bridge (Poem)

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Condolences
hihobaron and the Troops in South Carolina
Very sorry to hear of the loss of Sasha Charlie Horse. Good on you for making a rough decision in her best interests. RIP Sasha.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
I'm so sorry about Sasha. She was a wonderful companion. I'm glad I got to meet her and hike with her a couple of times.
Aww man, Sorry Charlie Horse.  We all know it is part of life, but it still stings when it happens.  I always loved following your adventures, and it was obvious she was a great dog!  Sorry for your loss.
Kirk
My heart goes out to you Charlie Horse. Sasha had a wonderful life with you. I hope the memories of all the things you did together and her antics help get you through this and bring a smile to your heart forever. Hugs.
Goatberries Happen!
I am so sorry about Sasha. What a cool dog & what a fantastic life you gave her. May her memory be a blessing to you--Saph
Hello Charlie Horse
In Memorial for Shasha and all of us that have had Animal Friends Cross over the Rainbow Bridge I am posting pictures of some of my dogs that I have had the "Privilege" of being OWNED by.

Once again you have my and the Critters Here Condolences and Sympathy.
Try to enjoy the pictures. I am getting my keyboard all wet going back through them. Hope it dose not short out.
=========================================

.jpg   Al and Trouble at Dinner.JPG (Size: 56.24 KB / Downloads: 34)

Trouble Alone in her Own Glamor Picture

====================================

Other Dogs that have owned me.

Surrounded by My Doberman

Even had Australian Shepherds for a while, Note my dress it was about 10 below Zero.

Happy Trails
The move on as long as you remember good times Shasha will never be gone.
Sincerely Al

Glamor Shots of me and Trouble.

Attached Files
.jpg   Al and Trouble Portrate 1.JPG (Size: 55.02 KB / Downloads: 33)
.jpg   Trouble Portrate 2.JPG (Size: 42.37 KB / Downloads: 32)
Those are some beautiful dogs. God love them all. Thanks for sharing.