Pens/Cages for Vans
I have a couple Great Dane sized wire pens/cages that do well in the van but I am also wondering if there is anything else available, I am sure these will nicely contain my yougsters but I am looking for ideas for grown goats in a van. I am going to get an awning for the side of the van so when camping they can also be outside.

Ideas? Links?

Jake

Mikado, MI
Maybe duraline the inside of the van? This way a quick scrub and all is clean Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Might help if you could tell us more about the van: mini, full size, conversion or
panel. I agree with Dave, if it's like a
Contractor van, some non skid bedliner and a partition would work fine.
1 Nubian, 1 Oberhasli and one combination of the 2
Hi

Thanks, I will look into the Duraline. I will pick the two Kikos up the first week in April, but in a Great Dane sized crate. By Rendy time they might be too big for it. So I am looking for something like a stall for the two.

The van is a Chevy Express, the rear seat will be taken out. And the goat place will be in the rear. When stopped for an overnight I will have an awning on the off side and stake them out there. Probably put a cot out for me too. Its a full sized van, for this year I am planning just the two goats, but the doe will be coming on hikes just for exercise and to enjoy life, I plan to breed her this fall.

I am thinking about a 6' long area by the width of the van. I could use some cut stock panels with a frame. Have also thought of a ply covered box. With shavings and straw bedding.

I hope by Rendy time to have the RV far enough along as a work in progress to use, and be working on it for the next year. It will be 18' long wih a 3' porch on the rear and roof overhang.

If, all goes well you can see it all at the Rendy. From there I am winding south through Utah on down to AZ, looking for a permenent place to be.

Jake

Mikado, MI
If money is no option I know a company that makes custom livestock boxes. Would guess for something like that would be 600-800
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
For now the Great Dane crate will suffice, I might add another, there would be room, but a couple stalls seems like the best solution, plywood and a non skid floor. Right now there is room for two of the crates in a line, with a cot, pad and sleeping bag beside them.

A friend used to ship Longhorn calves around the world, I have seen some of those and can scale them back a bit. We shall see. Right now I plan on picking up the Kikos around the 7th of April. One brown buck and a white doeling.

Jake

Mikado, MI
Sounds like your traveling papers are in order.Tongue Well Jake I almost envy you.. All that open road.. It sounds fun. One day I will camp with my babies. Smile
Hi Kinder

The only way to get it done is to do it.

"Someday' never comes. Someday flirts, and hides, someday never comes.

Do it Kinder, take the first steps towards it and never turn back, Pausing to assess is good, but , someday without action will never come.

Hope to see you and yours on the trail.

Jake

Jake

Mikado, MI