Goat feces dry and green
One of my goats has green powdery feces. Looks like alphalfa pellets that has be transformed into goat feces shape. Normal size and shape. Just not dark like the others. He's loosing a bit of weight too. He's had coccidii last year. Wondering about just taking in a sample or if he needs an exam.
All I want for Christmas is a new hip.
The color wouldnt worry me but dry... I dont know. Might try some baking soda or probios (cant hurt even if not needed) and give it a day if there are no other signs of something wrong.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
No other symptoms. He has a good appetite and has normal energy. It's not just the past couple days it's probably been a couple weeks. Might be related to when I started feeding beat Pulp. I cut out dry cobb and went to beet pulp. Was trying to get them off of high protein food. But my two other goats are fine. I have a limited amount of forage this time of year. So all they are getting is what I am feeding them. I think the first thing I will try is eliminating the beet pulp and substitute with dry cob. Because the cob has a lot different texture to it. Maybe the beet pulp is expanding in his stomach and making his system too dry.
I'd have a fecal done.

(02-28-2014, 11:56 AM)joecool911 Wrote: No other symptoms. He has a good appetite and has normal energy. It's not just the past couple days it's probably been a couple weeks. Might be related to when I started feeding beat Pulp. I cut out dry cobb and went to beet pulp. Was trying to get them off of high protein food. But my two other goats are fine. I have a limited amount of forage this time of year. So all they are getting is what I am feeding them. I think the first thing I will try is eliminating the beet pulp and substitute with dry cob. Because the cob has a lot different texture to it. Maybe the beet pulp is expanding in his stomach and making his system too dry.
Goatberries Happen!
I do plan on a fecal test. I suspect coccidia. But that may not be the whole problem.